i30 Owners Club

Updated nav/media firmware using Hyundai download, but DAB is now missing

Offline andrewilley

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      UK
I thought I ought to update my nav/etc firmware as it hadn't been done for over a year, so downloaded the "Navigation Updater" program from the Hyundai website and ran it on my PC.

I entered the current software version number from the car Info screen (PD.EUR.SOP.003.18.161218) which correctly identified the make and model as an i30 2017-20, and offered a new firmware update to download. I downloaded it to a 32GB SD Card exactly as requested, and then ran the installation process in the vehicle.

Everything seemed to go OK, with several reboots and then a final success message. The nav/media screen is working fine, Bluetooth and Android Auto are working, and I noted one of two visual and icon changes (e.g. the "AV Off" message now uses as a more user-friendly "Radio/Media Off" phrasing). Software version number is now PD.EUR.SOP.013.17.211027.

However the radio is not scanning or displaying any DAB stations at all. When I select the DAB/FM choice, it shows me only a range of local FM stations. Also all my Favourites (which were DAB) are missing, the entire page is empty. I rebooted by turning the ignition off and back on, but still the same. Any thoughts on what might have broken during the update, as I can't see anything obvious in the Settings?

Andre
  • 2018 i30 Premium, 5-Door Hatch, Petrol, 1.4lt, Manual, Ara Blue

Offline andrewilley

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      UK
Update: I went back to the car an hour later and it had decided to find the DAB stations in the intervening time. Favourites are still missing, but I can add those back easily enough now.

Andre
  • 2018 i30 Premium, 5-Door Hatch, Petrol, 1.4lt, Manual, Ara Blue

Offline Greyhound

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
 :sweating: You had me worried there. The last thing I want to hear is that a software update version has bugs or depreciated functionality ahead of update of my nav. Thanks for confirming it was alright in the end.
  • i30 PD 2020 1.0 T-GDi

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal