i30 Owners Club

now IM pissed.

jessi3 · 14 · 4042

Offline jessi3

• 2nd Gear
So I get a phone call today, a day before I'm supposed to pick up my SX with bodykit (side skirts..whatever) and they let me know that "the bodykit is not available for my car anymore". After MORE than 3 months of waiting they have the nerve to do this! And obviously they new before.. (at least a week or so) but failed to tell me coz they new id be PISSED.

I'm seriously considering not buying anymore. I mean, I love the car.. the drive, the feel. There are aftermarket kits I suppose, but all in all i feel dogged by this dealer. He's just been a friggen bastard from the start.

Offline i30Dave

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Adelaide, South Australia - Steel Grey SR i30
    • http://www.i30ownersclub.com
How can it not be available anymore. All models are the same SX SLX SR.
All cars are shipped to Australia without bodykits installed. My SR comes
with bodykit as standard but has it installed locally so they must be getting the parts
from somewhere. They wouldn't just stop selling them as an accessory.
Something shady is goin on

Offline encountar

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Penrith
Something is right. Make sure they know that in your contract you signed they agreed to a bodykit on your car, im sure that means they are breaching the contract by not putting it on, meaning you can probably force it upon them that you dont need to buy the car anymore, maybe that will make them smarten up and just instal your kit. (i know the side skirts go to the dealers unpainted and need to be painted first before they can be put on)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Jess,

Sorry you're getting grief.. My guess is they mucked up their costings and don't reckon they are making enough out of the body kit. Might be worth writing a letter to Hyundai Australia H/O documenting your concerns and the dealers actions so far including the fact you were buying two. They might step in on your behalf and do something, It's worth a try. I'd be happy to help you with wordings if you're not confident.

Good luck....

Dazz
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline encountar

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Penrith
Hey Jessi,
I was notified by my dealer that they wont have the side skirts available for another week, so I'm going to get them put on during the first service. This must mean the side skirts are still available that your dealer seems to be just trying to save some $$$.

Offline jessi3

• 2nd Gear
So i've been all around today talking to dealers including Hyundai.

The add-on bodykit for the SX actually includes a front, sides and rear.. not just sides like I thought in the beginning. They put these on a few cars and apparently they kept falling off. Do do with the glue being crap. So we asked couldn't they just change the glue? Apparently not.. :S

The side skirts arent even available now, the only way you can get them is factory fitted. So even if an SR has an accident and needs to get them replaced, apparently its not possible.

I don't know where this leaves those people who are waiting for bodykits as well. Was there someone else that had ordered one on here?

The whole thing sounds a bit shifty to me.

Anyways, I cancelled the car tonight. This was due to three reasons:

(A) Not coming with how I wanted it - I was a bit iffy about the look of the car in the beginning, so the BK enhanced style and made it look better imho

(B) My overall dealings with the company have made me sick to the stomach. Since day dot they have pressured us into buying and using jedi mind tricks lol. Tonight was the topping on the cake as the dealer made up some bullshit story that wasn't true at all.

(C) I test drove a VW Golf 1.9 TDI and got a great deal on it, due to getting twice the amount on my trade in and discount on charges. Really shocked at the offer actually, a lot better than what I remember being quoted at the beginning of the hunt for a car (about 1.5k to save up!). I honestly think it has a lot to do with the attidude you take into the dealership. I went in there today confident, knowing what I want and not settle for anything else.

I tell ya what it has been hectic getting out of this deal with Hyundai. I've spent all night going over with the dealer and he's just been saying nup, we cant cancel the contract, we will have to take it to court etc. I was ready to call consumer affairs and prepare my argument lol when my dad picked up the phone and rang the dealer telling him that he wanted to cancel his car as well. Well surprise surpise, 5 mins later i'm out of my contract with my deposit back tomorrow as they wanted to get at least one sale.

All in all, its about priniple just as much as product. I'm very happy with the VW dealer, their offer and the car in general - 320NW torque, DSG gearbox, nice upholstery and feel. I get my little steering wheel buttons too :P

Well nice knowing you guys lol. Still got one i30 in the family, so might pop back to ask some questions or advice when needed. Still a great car all in all, so enjoy it!

Jess

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
so long Jessi3

I can see you "borrowing" your dads car just to get the buzz from an i30.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Not happy Jan... I mean Jess  :cry:  :cry:

But I can see where you're coming from (my wife would have done the same thing!)

Bye...

Dazz

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Jessie, Great car! i would have a VW Golf 1.9 TDI with the DSG thats a very fast changing gear box! only two things stopped me the service costs and the need to use a special oil as they use a belt overhead cam drive and the fuel pump is hooked up to that, so as the rev's go up the load on the belt drive increases, and you need to change them the service charges i was quoted were very high. but a friend has a Jetta with same motor and has a tuning kit on it it flys and gets good economy. i would have one myself class looking car! i think the TDI 2.0 is a better motor. but cost too much.
cheers and good luck, what colour?

PS now you have to go to Fred's page  :D  do a google and you will understand what i mean

Offline jessi3

• 2nd Gear
oh yeah I meant to say 1.9L.. 250 nm not 320.. the latter is too expensive.. stretching the budget as it is!

And yeah, I'll still get to drive my dads car, i'm sure we can even swap for a day here and there.

Lakes: How much exactly were service charges? and what's this Fred thing?> lol

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Jessie can't remember exactly as this was over one year ago i was looking at a Golf but they were not cheap for servicing and they need to plug in to a special VW program so who ever service's them has to charge to cover the cost of equipment. but don't let it worry you.
Fred's is a forum like this they know everything about VW TDI  do a google they are in USA but a good sorce of knowledge. so what colour? hey i'll find out the plug in power my friend has he has got more than 320nm of TQ from his 1.9 and he just plugs it in and can turn to any setting and gets a HP and Tq increase  he has driven it to speeds of 137MPH and he had it on a dyno it made 127 rear wheel HP ( i mean front wheel hP LOL :D  i don't like having a belt driving the over head cams as if you break the belt some of your valves can be open and the motor continues to rotate till the piston comes up and hits an open valve BANG youy go no were. the i30 uses a chain i hope, cheers

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
[Its a pity you miss out on Your i30 Jessie but the VW is not a bad choice.
You mentioned that you got a better deal on your trade at the VW dealer but this may have a bit to do with the extra gross they have in their car.
All this crap your dealer gave you reguarding the body kit sounds sus. I have had Hyundais with side skirts ect fitted in the past and know problems with them falling off.
Dazz, you had an elentra with a kit didnt you? Any poblems?

I dont know, i think i smell a rat!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Mine was screwed on with concealed screws I think...seems all a bit lame. I'm disappointed we "lost" Jess to the opposition (hope it doesn't start a trend)

Dave can you delete any reference to VW or Golf? Or better make it default these words to "i30 is best"? :lol:

Offline i30Dave

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Adelaide, South Australia - Steel Grey SR i30
    • http://www.i30ownersclub.com
Talked to my dealer today. He said it must be just a dodgey dealer. He has had
no trouble getting in body kits and usually gets them in within 2-3 days of ordering.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal