UK Car Reliability Survey by What Car Magazine

AlanHo · 5 · 2986

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
This is an extract from the latest UK What Car magazine.

If you would like to read the full report click here :link: 2017 What Car? Reliability Survey - What Car?

You will note that the i30 is right up there with the best but the Mazda 3 is struggling.. The notes in the report state :-

The Hyundai i30 doesn’t lag far behind its Japanese rivals, with only 15% of cars suffering faults. These were only minor niggles and were fixed under warranty in less than a week.

Overall, 28% of Mazda 3s had faults, with petrol-engined versions afflicted by more issues than their diesel counterparts. Suspension, steering and engine electrics were the more serious areas of concern with petrol models. Not all cars were fixed under warranty and more than half spent more than a day in the garage.

• 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :ta: Alan.

Very interesting and a few surprises!

Alfa so high  :eek:

Also surprised to see Nissan Pulsar so low! I always liked Nissans. I had 3 Nissan Pulsars and a Tiida and a couple of other Nissans and can't recall ever having a warranty issue. They must have gone down hill!  :disapp:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
Nissan reliability has plummeted since their partnership with Renault in Europe. They now use French engines, electrics and gear trains. One of our friends had a new Nissan Qashqai in 2016 with the 1.2 litre turbo petrol engine. He has had trouble with engine and clunky gearbox problems, trim falling off, brake snatching, high petrol consumption and I forget what else. He tried to reject the car after a year but lost the battle.

It's a shame really because it is a nice comfortable car with lots of oomph. Fortunately it has been OK these past few months but he has a constant fear of the gremlins lurking in its bowels ready to bite again.

He intends swapping it as soon as the warranty expires and is seriously considering a hybrid. (guess why  :rofl:)

Regarding your surprise about Alfa - so am I - they are part of the Fiat Chrysler Group which says it all. Alfa cars are not popular in the UK and sales are insignificant. I imagine they got few replies to their readers survey and it slanted the result.

I started this thread in the hope that the few new forum members who have castigated Hyundai and said "never again" can get a better picture of the performance of the brand they are running away to.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 12:06:49 by AlanHo »
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Yes, not a lot of Alfas over here but not long ago a reasonably new one was on fire on the side of the road. Looked like an engine fire (can't say I was surprised after some stories I've heard).

Shame about Nissans. Sounds like I dodged a bullet, because I'm quite partial to the Qashqai. Was on my shortlist but didn't have Auto Cruise last year. THink they've just added it now.   :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Yes, not a lot of Alfas over here but not long ago a reasonably new one was on fire on the side of the road. Looked like an engine fire (can't say I was surprised after some stories I've heard).

Shame about Nissans. Sounds like I dodged a bullet, because I'm quite partial to the Qashqai. Was on my shortlist but didn't have Auto Cruise last year. THink they've just added it now.   :cool:
Wow!

My brother in law might also have dodged a bullet. He decided not to go ahead with one a few months ago. He's 80 next year and still loves his original X-Trail. I think the new technology might have baulked him

I also hoped the Oz version might have been Japanese made but it seems not from the quick research I just did. Apparently they are all made in Europe.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal