Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club

Meter reset around the 19000 mark when it was showing 61.4mpg

I believe my 61.5mpg is around the 4.58LPH

And considering I travel around 67mph for 90% of my daily journey (85 miles) I don't consider that bad at all.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Very Impressive Steve... I get better economy on the highway at speed than with short trips around town .. but think that is fairly common..(I have never been able to maintain less than 5 L/HK) for a whole tank full... :'(
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue

Meter reset around the 19000 mark when it was showing 61.4mpg

I believe my 61.5mpg is around the 4.58LPH

And considering I travel around 67mph for 90% of my daily journey (85 miles) I don't consider that bad at all.

Great return especially as you use so much fuel travelling to/from work.  Also, it helps on the pocket.

I average 50 to 53 but I'm only doing short trips and mainly A roads with a small Motorway dash.

Have you undertaken a verification check by monitoring fuel used to miles travelled to see how accurate the read out is?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Have you undertaken a verification check by monitoring fuel used to miles travelled to see how accurate the read out is?

Not for a long while, well before I fitted the CR tuningbox; seemed accurate at that time iirc

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Thats good steve, do you keep records and have a record of how many Gallions she has drunk?
i don't have a Trip PC i just do it the old way. i learnt once the hard way that trip PC's can lie. mine was telling me while i was on a strech of motorway that goes for over 50K in sydney and does not have one fuel stop on it, it was late at night and my trip PC said no worries you can go another 40k and guess what? it ran out of fuel. just lucky i had a push bike in the back and a high visability vest, had to peddle 30k up and down hill's for help. but i got a tin of fuel and she started and got me to a servo. have not trusted trip pc's 100% since.
Steve do you drive over many mountains when your traveling too and from work?
cheers

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Thats good steve, do you keep records and have a record of how many Gallions she has drunk?
No I'm not actually that concerned to keep records. Would have been a nice project tho.

Steve do you drive over many mountains when your traveling too and from work?
All flat land - hardly even a bump :D

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Thats good to know Steve, like i think it's important to let others that read our post's what conditions we are driving in, as for me i seem to have to keep speed at around 90kph to get my best economy, have not got a tuning box to test. but i drive over the blue mountains elivation goes up to about 3,500 ft or could be meters? i'll check tomorrow as i'm going up to pick up race fuel for my bike i'm racing next weekend. if i sit on 90kph i get 4.3L/100k tank average if i drive normal i get about 4.9L/100k tank average if i drive fast could be closer to 6l, but think 5.5L/100k for pushing it harder. but the numbers would be better in a flat area as motor does not have to work as hard.
when i get time i'll add up all my reecpts see what betsy used in her first year will have to count my docets too as might only be 32 dockets for 32,000k seem to average 1,000 1,100 between fill ups in sydney 1,100 1,200 between fill ups in country, but if i'm going on a long trip i fill up no matter what k i have on the tank i fill it right up before i leave to go out in the sticks.
cheers

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal