i30 Owners Club

My entire fuel consumption data since new 31512 Km.

Offline sobocanec

• 2nd Gear
Here is my compilation of diesel use in i30. I never fill to the brim, but rather near the top to the full liters.
After each fill I reset all data on my trip computer. From the graph below it is clearly evident to me, that
consumption is directly related to Avg speed. Here are averages of some columns.
Avg.trip: 807.9 Km
Avg.trip consumption: 5.36 l/100
Avg.speed: 58.7 Km/hr
Avg.Fillup: 45.75 L

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Impressive constant results.

Just shows that the brand you use can play its part in fuel consumption
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline SRT Metro

• 6th Gear
  • i30CW 2.0 CRDi, 2009

• se Sweden
      Halmstad, Sweden

• Halmstad, Sweden's Riviera
Not much city driving with the average speed of 58,7 km/hr...
  • I30 CW 2.0 CRDi

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
 :cool:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline sobocanec

• 2nd Gear
Not much city driving with the average speed of 58,7 km/hr...

Yes I live in country town, but driving to work is only 5km daily, shopping is same distance and driving my wife to wherever she needs to go.
That brings my avg. speed very low and consumption up to 6 L/100. Then it get offset when I go for drives on weekends.
Mostly driving on winding country roads and often driving over australian's higher peaks. Australian friends would be familiar with roads like over
Thredbo, Falls creek, Mt Buffalo etc.etc. And I can tell you there is never left any cars in front of me or behind me...hehehe. This car handles and
performs the best of any cars I've ever driven. And all that with best fuel economy.
For example, last trip on the spread sheet you can see variety of driving(country,freeway,and over one steep winding mountain road) and I arrived back home in
4.4 l/100. I have to remind you that I am lately using tuning box. (and I hope, that my dealer doesn't read this forum) ouch!!!

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
we will discuss the tuning box at your next service.  :lol: :lol:

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
you appear to have had the same fuel economy from day one,almost. most of us had poor fuel consumption brand new,then got better the more kms we clocked up.

Offline sobocanec

• 2nd Gear
you appear to have had the same fuel economy from day one,almost. most of us had poor fuel consumption brand new,then got better the more kms we clocked up.

During first two tanks (5.9 and 6.3 Km/100) I was reading and learning a lot about how to drive diesel cars, from variety of sources. It all made lot of sense to me.
I think that new adaptation was huge benefit to get most out of the car.

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
i had to adapt to driving my 2.0 i30. i had never owned a four cylinder car before,only 6 and v8 cars.  :razz:

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
this is very very impressing,lots of time and thought on fuel use.  :mrgreen: :cool:

Offline ozsnowman

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Central Victoria

Offline sobocanec

• 2nd Gear
How did you work out the average speeds?

My spreadsheet on Mac "numbers" does it automatically. But to calculate any average manually, you have to add up all data entries and divide the sum by number of those entries--- example: 1+4+6+10+5+20+8=54.  Now divide the sum 54 with the number of entries 7. Therefore Avg. of those 7 numbers is 7.71

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Great results! specialy for area you drive in, thats also a good speed average for those area's too.
Ozsnowman, i have a Garman GPS i use it when on trips, and it tells you the average trip speed, also how long you were stopped, how long you were moving, highest speed reached.
i still have every fuel docket since my car was new but have been too lazy to put it to paper work it all out.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal