i30 Owners Club

I30CW CRDi 5sp Man

BC · 9 · 3199

Offline BC

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Melbourne, Australia
After 4500km I'm averaging about 7.2 l/100km - all city driving.  Still haven't managed to get in a long country trip yet. Let's hope it improves as it loosens up. . . .
  • I30CW CrDi

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Do you live in a Hillier part of Melbourne (that will lift your economy figure..) It should drop when you do some good runs...I'm guessing your average speed is under 40KPH...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline BC

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Melbourne, Australia
Do you live in a Hillier part of Melbourne (that will lift your economy figure..) It should drop when you do some good runs...I'm guessing your average speed is under 40KPH...
No, not hilly here but average speeds would be in the region of 40kmph .
  • I30CW CrDi

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

My trip computer gives me my average (usually around 50 or higher) when it drops much below that my economy is worse...

Not sure if you have base model or model with trip computer...

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr

My trip computer gives me my average (usually around 50 or higher) when it drops much below that my economy is worse...

Not sure if you have base model or model with trip computer...

I have the same experiences as Dazz regarding average speed and fuel consumption. Even at higher speed the car uses less fuel than when driving slowly (city) all the time..

Offline terry hunter

• 2nd Gear

• White I30 CW SX CRDI with Cruise
I just did a rough economy run with it over mixture of flat and quite hilly terrain...  Between Bendigo and Geelong via Dalesford.  I'm quite pleased with the 4.76lt per 100k. No passengers or luggage... used cruise control only on the flat bits.

This is the i30 wagon CRDi 5sp. man.... I'm quite pleased with the 4.76lt per 100k.

... still cool day...  mostly kept at 85-90kph.... music up very loud... (mostly Porcupine Tree).

Average speed would have been 80kph counting small town limits and a little city driving.

The car's done just over 20,000km and motor now feels nice and loosened up.

Terry

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

You are lucky you live in such a flat area .. That is exceptional for the CW which uses .1 or .2 more than the hatch due to extra weight mainly I think..

Offline terry hunter

• 2nd Gear

• White I30 CW SX CRDI with Cruise
Yeh Dazzler,

I can't remember what the literature says about the official eco figures for the wagon but I thought mine were pretty close.

Mind you, if you mention these figures to others, you suddenly become the one who can drive people everywhere "because yours is so cheap to run".... but of course one pays up front for the privilege of a good diesel which no-one cares to acknowledge.... :neutral:

Terry H

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Mind you, if you mention these figures to others, you suddenly become the one who can drive people everywhere "because yours is so cheap to run".... but of course one pays up front for the privilege of a good diesel which no-one cares to acknowledge.... :neutral:

Terry H

Very true although you should get a fair portion of the extra back when you trade or sell her... :D

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal