i30 Owners Club

Best MPG so far

Twempie · 10 · 3037

Offline Twempie

• 2nd Gear
Set the trip computer and managed 62 MPG on a return trip from Fife to Dundee.  Admittedly I was driving very conservatively and it was a fine still cool night but I think that this is a great fuel economy. The car (6spd diesel estate) is getting its first service tomorrow having just reached 12500 miles.
Cheers
Twempie

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Sensational result.. Now I'm jealous.. :mrgreen:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
I have just travelled down to Cornwall from the Midlands on the M5 and A30 all the way - 280 miles. My 1.6 diesel premium 6 speed averaged 58.7 mpg (computer reading). I cruised at about 65 mph. Car new 4 weeks ago and has only done 950 miles so far.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Eiki

• 2nd Gear

• dk Denmark
      Denmark

• 1.6 CRDI And loving it

Offline i30sean

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Hemel Hempstead UK
Hi Twempie, hope you don't mind but my car has done nearly 10,000mls and will due first service soon, how much was your service?
Mine's a 1.6CDRi estate 6 speed. I've had 648mls from a tank full on two occasions and generally get at least 550mls with normal driving.

i30Sean

Offline Twempie

• 2nd Gear
Hi Sean
The first service was £125 at the main dealer.  It was a basic service in accordance with the service schedule.  They don't even take the wheels off to check the brakes.  I'm guessing that subsequent services will be a bit more expensive.

My previous petrol car had a 9K service gap so over the period of ownership I'm still expecting to pay less on servicing as the i30 diesel has a 12500 service interval. 

Cheers
Twempie

Offline i30sean

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Hemel Hempstead UK
Thanks for info Twempie.

i30Sean.

PS Seen 67mpg on average just after reset from filling up !

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear
  • LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!!

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
i know this is a bit of a weird question... but does anyone know if it use uk gallons or american gallons to figure out the MPG? there is a pretty big difference in the two!!

Offline Twempie

• 2nd Gear
I'm guessing that it must be imperial gallons.  The MPG figures that owners are reporting are consistent with those quoted by motoring magazines where the i30's MPG is being compared with other models of diesel cars.
Cheers
Twempie

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear
  • LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!!

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
im curious to see of the american i30 is calibrated for US gallons or imperial gallons as well...

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal