NEW MAP VERSION IS NOW AVAILABLE and waiting for you at your local Hyundai deal

Offline Sydney Lady

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Bexley NSW

• 2013 i30 Premium auto,petrol hatch - Dazzling Blue
    • Sydney Pet Rescue & Adoption
This is advised in their latest newsletter http://hylights.hyundai.com.au/#

"So if you have a Hyundai navigation system in your vehicle, simply book-in for an eligible scheduled service at your local Hyundai Dealer and receive your complimentary NAVTEQ™ MapCare™ update.
*NAVTEQ TM and MapCareTM are registered trademarks of Nokia Corporation. Maximum of 2 updates taken on an annual cycle within 3 years of the vehicle’s purchase. "

1st upgrade is counted as the one that is loaded when you purchase the car,  you then get 2 more annually for free. This adds up to 2yrs free updates by my reckoning. Unless you can postpone one and get the last upgrade at your 3yr service.
Pity that you have to pay after that for future updates.
I bought a Navman GPS last year with lifetime upgrades, 4 per year,  so don't think I will be upgrading the in car SatNav. Unless they change their policy. Once a year is not frequent enough in any case.
  • i30 Premium

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for sharing that...  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
This is advised in their latest newsletter http://hylights.hyundai.com.au/#

"So if you have a Hyundai navigation system in your vehicle, simply book-in for an eligible scheduled service at your local Hyundai Dealer and receive your complimentary NAVTEQ™ MapCare™ update.
*NAVTEQ TM and MapCareTM are registered trademarks of Nokia Corporation. Maximum of 2 updates taken on an annual cycle within 3 years of the vehicle’s purchase. "

1st upgrade is counted as the one that is loaded when you purchase the car,  you then get 2 more annually for free. This adds up to 2yrs free updates by my reckoning. Unless you can postpone one and get the last upgrade at your 3yr service.
Pity that you have to pay after that for future updates.
I bought a Navman GPS last year with lifetime upgrades, 4 per year,  so don't think I will be upgrading the in car SatNav. Unless they change their policy. Once a year is not frequent enough in any case.

:agreed:

I'm sure Hy could negotiate a better deal for Hy customers. Is it their reasoning that the original owner sells the car within 3 years. We most certainly are not.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
RRP for satnav update is $150 when not under complementary conditions. "dealers are free to charge less if so desired" you can negotiate with your dealer at your will as it will be them who decide on price.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
So, the dealer receives the total fee then. How long does it take to perform  :question:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
So, the dealer receives the total fee then. How long does it take to perform  :question:
Dunno about payments. We've not done a payed for update yet. I'm sure the dealer would have to pay something to Hyundai in some round about way. They get their money one way or another.

Allow at least 30min for update.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline Sydney Lady

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Bexley NSW

• 2013 i30 Premium auto,petrol hatch - Dazzling Blue
    • Sydney Pet Rescue & Adoption
RRP for satnav update is $150 when not under complementary conditions. "dealers are free to charge less if so desired" you can negotiate with your dealer at your will as it will be them who decide on price.
Thanks, that's good to know, I thought it was a set price. 
Hopefully when they do the update they won't delete all my saved favourite destinations.  My 1yr service will be due in  October tho they already sent me a reminder in July, getting a bit ahead of themselves. I've only done approx 11,000kms so far.
  • i30 Premium

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery
I think the maps are a scam. The first set loaded is an update?? Really?? You should have the most recent when you buy the car there should be no need to update them then. And in any case, this is so far as I know the actual first update that's been available anyway.

Smoke and mirrors Hyundai, shame on you.  :foottap: :TutTut:

But thank you for the heads up.

An aside, in the map pack I received when the car was acquired was a blank USB key. That was all. Bizarre.
  • i30 CRDi Elite auto (sleek silver)

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
My Venga sat nav is updated via a USB memory stick. Perhaps Hyundai intend or intended to make map updates available for downloading from a website - and the blank stick was for that purpose.

In the UK, KIA updates cost £139 each time in the form of a new USB stick from Luxembourg, the latest maps made available from Jan 2014 are actually dated July 2012, how's that for a scam. But some owners claim to be able to download new European multi-language maps from the Russian KIA or Here site for free.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
My Venga sat nav is updated via a USB memory stick. Perhaps Hyundai intend or intended to make map updates available for downloading from a website - and the blank stick was for that purpose.

In the UK, KIA updates cost £139 each time in the form of a new USB stick from Luxembourg, the latest maps made available from Jan 2014 are actually dated July 2012, how's that for a scam. But some owners claim to be able to download new European multi-language maps from the Russian KIA or Here site for free.

The Hyundai & Kia firmware, software and maps are all at the same version, so the scam is across the entire group.

The USB stick is also needed to update the software/firmware which is currently done by download from the Navteq/HERE website.  Again leave 30 mins to do it.
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal