eye30 · 3 · 1484

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
:link: "Car buying hasn't changed much in 50 years? until now" | Auto Express

Bluewater shopping mall in Kent: it’s not usually the sort of place I tend to spend too much time in – for me shopping is one of the things the Internet was invented for. But I popped down there this week to see Hyundai’s new Rockar showroom, just along from M&S and right next door to a Body Shop that’s more interested in face creams than car repairs.

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
People have been buying cars in a similar way for years.

When it is time to change his car (every 2 years) my son in law visits the local dealers and has test drives of the various models he is interested in. Once he has decided on a particular model he then goes on the internet and browses through all the brokers to get the best deal.

He then places an order with the broker and the car is delivered to his door - sometimes by a local dealership.  He only uses brokers who act as agents - he does not pay them - but the supplying dealership.

He reckons he has saved up to £7,000 off the list price and gets a brand new car with full warranty and only delivery mileage. He concedes however, that some of the vehicles he has bought in this way have been pre-registered so he was the second name on the log book.

He also claims to benefit by not trading in his old car and selling it privately.

I must admit that it is a method I have never tried - I have always taken the easy route and traded in my old car and haggled the best deal I could get from the dealer.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal