i30 Owners Club

Key Spring Lost.

Drelix · 7 · 1930

Offline Drelix

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
Hi I have a 2015 I 30

Now today my key fell apart it had started to fall apart a few months after use but it fell apart where the spring went flying in a feild of grass not to be seen again.

So I was wondering Does The key Come under the Warranty of the servicing etc or not. or know where i can get the spring or fob with spring  from without forking out a arm and  a leg for a new fob?
  • i30 2015 a Active

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Hopefully Hyundai will cover it as you are well within the cars warranty period, not sure about warranty for keys though :undecided:

Extra keys car be purchased here :link: 2011-2016 Elantra Replacement Factory Key Fob - Shark Racing

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
If you get a new fob and wswap the internals yourself don't forget the immobiliser chip...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
I think they may see the key as a consumable. If it fell apart after a few months , it's a 2015 car and now 2017?
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I think they may see the key as a consumable. If it fell apart after a few months , it's a 2015 car and now 2017?

It's about a 50/50 whether they will cover it under warranty. If the dealer pushes the issue they will. I'm sure we've heard of older ones being replaced, but it depends on the dealer.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
As Dazz has said, a  key fob of the interweb for a couple o dollars and voila spring replaced then reassemble not forgetting a little glue around the joins to ensure that it does not fall apart again.

Not a problem....   I got a nice young man at a locksmiths to reassemble mine he charged a tenner and did and excellent job.   :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
My Key FOB fell apart, i took it to dealer they got new parts & fixed it under warranty, they needed the car to check key worked or if needed programming. this was in country NSW

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal