i30 Owners Club

Aussie rider Jack Miller continues great Moto3 GP season with thrilling win...

Guest · 4 · 1621

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Aussie rider Jack Miller continues great Moto3 GP season with thrilling win at Le Mans

ALONG with his third Moto3 race win of the season and extending his world championship lead, Jack Miller sent a crystal clear message to his rivals at the French Grand Prix.

‘If you push me around, I’ll push you right back.’

After two races where he lost possible wins to being bumped and barged by rivals, Miller drew a line in the sand four corners from home.

Having fought to regain the lead after controlling the race in the early laps, Honda rider Efren Vasquez - on Miller’s old bike, no less - made a bold out braking move to try and steal the win, only for Miller to brake later, turn across his bows and firmly slam the door shut.

Miller held off Alex Rinz and first time podium finisher Isaac Vinales to the line, winning by just 0.095 seconds. The first 10 riders home covered by just two seconds.

As Miller started to celebrate his epic victory he copped a punch in the back from an incensed Vasquez, who had ran wide after Miller closed the door, falling back to finish sixth.

“I did to him what he did to me earlier in the race,” Miller said.

“It’s always great to win a battle. (I’m) really happy with the way the bike worked, can’t complain about anything really.

“A beautiful race and an awesome finish.”

Miller had made a rapid start from second on the grid to lead the early running. He would play cat and mouse with Vasquez as the Spaniard used his bike’s superior speed to blow past down the front straight, only for Miller to repass him under brakes for the Dunlop Chicane.

They were joined in battle by a gaggle of other Hondas, who also seemed to have an edge on Miller’s KTM down the straights.

“Efren had the straightline speed but I was able to at least slipstream past (Alex) Rinz and (Alex) Marquez,” Miller said, the latter two also on Hondas.

Rinz took the lead and pulled what looked to be a race-winning gap after Vasquez and Marquez made contact while racing for second, slowing up the following riders.

A fired-up Marquez fought his way back to the front of the chasing group and proceded to drag them back up to his Estrella Galicia teammate, setting up a frenzied final few laps.

After the field took the chequered flag, breathless commentators hailed the race as possibly the greatest Moto3 race of all time, with any of a number of riders contending for victory over the race distance.

Miller’s bravado in fighting back for victory was widely hailed on social media after the race as were the Townsville-born teen’s jubilant celebrations, parking his bike at the Dunlop Chicane and playing up to the large crowd.

He even did the worm.

But then, Miller had good reason to celebrate. His main rival in the title chase so far, Romano Fenati, retired from the race with electronics problems at mid-distance.

The win, combined with Fenati’s troubles, vault’s Miller into a 30-point championship lead. With 25 points available for a race win, the Australian has already built up a formidable margin as the championship heads to the sixth round at Mugello in a fortnight’s time.

Source: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/aussie-rider-jack-miller-continues-great-moto3-gp-season-with-thrilling-win-at-le-mans/story-fni2u98u-1226922169832

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Even reading it is eggciting.  :goodjob2:

:Agoodpost:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Shame I couldn't watch it on the idiot box.... :(

Every other year Channel 10/1 has telecast it....
But of course now that we've got a potential world championship winner the minor classes have been given the flick....Not happy Jan!  :fum:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Just got to watch it...wow, what a race!  :goodjob:

:hatoff: to Jack on an amazing ride......

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal