i30 Owners Club

Ashes 2015

diablo · 17 · 3170

Offline diablo

• 5th Gear

• england England
      Blackpool

• Fylde Coast England 1.4 petrol Comfort
Starting today.  Not sure how we'll do, worried.  :scared:  :)

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Look on the bright side, your lot can't do any worse than last time....  :D

Me thinks things will be much closer this time round....  :goodjob:

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
So this is the game where Australia plays a team of South Africans playing for England in Wales?

Offline diablo

• 5th Gear

• england England
      Blackpool

So this is the game where Australia plays a team of South Africans playing for England in Wales?

:rofl:

I don't think we've actually got any South Africans this time, which seems wrong to me, the ECB need to do a recruitment drive in Johannesburg.  :mrgreen:

Very flat and slow pitch in Cardiff.  I reckon the day went reasonably well though, nobody ahead so far.

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
Dudd (Root) played very well. I think the English are on top (just) at the end of day one.

Offline diablo

• 5th Gear

• england England
      Blackpool

Just bought my 7 day pass to watch the Lords test, starting today.  Just occurred to me that this year I'll be paying more to Sky (prop Australian Rupert Murdoch) than my TV licence costs, though the cricket and F1 used to be shown on BBC (for free, sort of) at one time.  :wacko:

England played a very good all-round game at Cardiff and deserved to win.  The pitch at Lords will probably be slightly more lively so I dunno what will happen. I'd expect the Aussies to play better and we never know if the English team will 'turn up', so to speak. :)

Greg Chappell reminisces about Lords -

:link: Lord's, the magical home of cricket, provides many vibrant memories | Greg Chappell | Sport | The Guardian

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I reckon the Aussies will be coming into this match as the underdogs...

It will be interesting to see how debutant Peter Nevill goes as the replacement for Haddin...and, fingers crossed, Marsh can make the step up with his bowling...  :undecided:

Offline diablo

• 5th Gear

• england England
      Blackpool

I reckon the Aussies will be coming into this match as the underdogs...

Well they seem to have changed that on the first day. Some nice strokes but made for a fairly dreary watch - though through Aussie eyes I suppose it must have looked much better!  I don't think our bowlers could have done much better on that dead pitch.

:link: BBC Sport - Ashes 2015: Australia expected to take England down - Chris Rogers

I disagree with the comment " Smith questioned England's tactics, saying he was "surprised" at Alistair Cook's field settings.

"I think it was a good pitch to bat on but they got defensive quite quickly," said Smith. "I know that's one thing we're certainly not going to do. "

They had three slips and a gulley for most of the day.

We will see what tomorrow brings. :)

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
I think that us colonials are slightly on top at the start of day three.

Offline diablo

• 5th Gear

• england England
      Blackpool

Oh dear, what a disaster for the England squad. I know they had virtually no chance of batting for five sessions but that was embarrassing really.

It seems that the top order of batsmen are simultaneously out of form, except Cook in the first innings. They often seem to be 30 for 3 or something but often rescued by the mid/lower order, though not this time.

A few days before the Edgbaston test so I hope they look at the way they each get out the same way most times and have some time to practise in the nets.

After the Cardiff game I was quite optimistic but deep gloom here now. I'd go and kick the cat - if I had one. :)

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
I went to bed at the Tea break, thinking that England would last the final session, so that I could watch the end of the match this evening (Australian time).  If I had known that nobody would put up a fight, then I might have stayed to watch the last little bit.

I don't think that Shane Watson will get back in the team, not after Mitchell Marsh's performance during the Lord's test.

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I went to bed at the Tea break, thinking that England would last the final session, so that I could watch the end of the match this evening (Australian time).  If I had known that nobody would put up a fight, then I might have stayed to watch the last little bit.

I don't think that Shane Watson will get back in the team, not after Mitchell Marsh's performance during the Lord's test.
It's a bit off topic but I went to bed after watching the two semi finals live at Jeffrey's Bay, South Africa.

In the final, this happened.

:link: Mick Fanning, Professional Surfer, Attacked By Shark During Competition in South Africa - NBC News
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Everything bites in South Africa  :exclaim: :undecided:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
If you had a curator who knew how to prepare a pitch it would probably help. Killed a lively pitch and made it dead, cutting it so low.  :disapp: He's not Indian by any chance  :question: :snigger:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania

It's a bit off topic but I went to bed after watching the two semi finals live at Jeffrey's Bay, South Africa.

:link: Mick Fanning, Professional Surfer, Attacked By Shark During Competition in South Africa - NBC News

Amazing stuff!!  Apparently the sharks are up in arms, Mick Fanning punched one in the back for wanting an autograph!!

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!

Amazing stuff!!  Apparently the sharks are up in arms, Mick Fanning punched one in the back for wanting an autograph!!
Can't take you Aussies anywhere :lol:

Glad the bloke is OK :goodjob2:

The poor shark will need to go for trauma councilling :rofl:
  • 2007 A4 Avant 2.0T in Phantom Black. Ex-FD owner!

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal