i30 Owners Club

Anyone watch the MotoGP ?

Lakes · 13 · 3417

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
What a final!!
Rossi started at rear of field of 26, & makes it up to 4th, great effort!!but no one was going to catch those three Spanish boy's on there home track!!!! worth staying up to watch! no pit stops no pace cars just wide open for 26 laps.
love it.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I watched it and while it was interesting watching Rossi carve up the back markers, up front not a lot was happening.
Lorenzo led from start to finish, Marquez and Pedrosa took out the other podium positions...

Now we've gonna have to deal with the fallout and even more accusations of a conspiracy between Marquez and Lorenzo...
It was bad enough before this final race but now it will be open slather.
Rossi is already having a major sook and his fan boys will be out in force with their outrage...  :rolleyes:
The net is already full of it with accusations that because marquez didn't try to pass Lorenzo on the final lap then that proved he was obviously helping him.
The truth is, even if he had and Lorenzo ended up second, he (Lorenzo) would still have been crowned World Champion as, although both he and Rossi would have been equal on points, Lorenzo had won more races during the season so would have won the championship on a countback...

Lorenzo is a worthy Champion while Rossi is now an embarrassment to the sport...  :)

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Stayed up to watch. Great race, shame it had to end with all the controversy . Cant believe Rossi did what he did in the last race , he sure blew his best chance of being the world champion. As pointed out, to start from the rear of the grid and finish fourth shows what a talent he has.  Cant wait for next season and see how the Hondas perform with Michelin tyres instead of the Goodyears. The Hondas are heavy on front tyres so will be interesting. :goodjob2:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
As pointed out, to start from the rear of the grid and finish fourth shows what a talent he has.

He certainly did well but Rossi's new best buddy, Marquez did even better back in 2012 in what was his last race in Moto2 before moving up to MotoGP. He was required to start at the rear of the field for an "indiscretion" during practice yet managed to storm to the lead with around 3 laps to go...  :goodjob:

As for tyres, Michelin supplied tyres for the majority of the MotoGP teams before they went to the Bridgestone control tyres so I suspect the change won't cause any major issues. The top teams have also done a number of Michelin tyre tests during this season in preparation for next year...   :victory:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Hey Rusty, my hearing has improved heaps in only 3 months, & still going like a train :mrgreen: love it. but could not hear what was being said by commentators. but i saw how the honda's caught there mate on the yamaha & could not work out why did not make a move. so the boss of Honda will not like that at all, they might get a dose of what Rossi got upsetting Honda!!!! bit like holden n ford. n a ford or holden racers letting a ford win, they would string him up!!!!!!!
but bring on next year!!!!

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Good to "hear" your hearing is improving, mate...  :goodjob:

In an interview I watched, Marquez said he was gonna try passing Lorenzo in the last couple of laps but when Pedrosa caught up and then passed him, in the process running wide and allowing him to get back in front, he'd lost his chance...  :undecided:
Whether that was true I guess we'll never know but honestly, can you really see Marquez (possibly risking his ride with Honda) holding back just to help Lorenzo? After all, as I pointed out earlier, even if he had won and Lorenzo came second, Lorenzo would still have been crowned Champion...

Rossi can whinge all he likes but it was HE who cracked under the pressure and purposely forced Marquez wide and off track at Sepang.
While he may not have intended Marquez to crash out of the race, he admitted he'd ran him wide intentionally so he fully deserved his penalty.
Mind you the 3 penalty points he received would have meant basically nothing if he hadn't already received a point at an earlier race when he blocked Lorenzo during a fast practice run...

4 Penalty points meant he was then required to start at the rear of the grid.

While many believe Marquez got what he deserved, at the end of the day he did nothing illegal, Rossi on the other hand did and, in spite of his sooking and excuses, got punished for it.
I do hope he got some satisfaction from it as HIS actions cost HIM the Championship....  :head_knock:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
As for tyres, Michelin supplied tyres for the majority of the MotoGP teams before they went to the Bridgestone control tyres so I suspect the change won't cause any major issues. The top teams have also done a number of Michelin tyre tests during this season in preparation for next year...   :victory:

Seems I spoke too soon...  :undecided:
:link: Lorenzo: Front tyre causing problems - Autosport

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Hey Rusty, still think that spanish Boy set Rossi up & can't work out why they did not black flag him if they thought he did wrong, but saw the boss of Honda winging, he might put a lot of $ into the sport? but i think that same honda boss will not be happy with that spanish boy he caught up easy surprised me he did not make a move, like you said he had no trouble going from last to first in Moto2, but in MotoGP Rossi goes from 25th to 4th all he had to do is go from 2nd to 1st and was averaging faster laps so a bit suspect!!!
if one of the Holden boys did that at bathurst n Ford win i'm sure they would string him up hang him!
but it's all said & done wonder what comes next.
cheers

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
John, you might like to read this: :link: Honda Racing Fires Back at Valentino Rossi, MotoGP News | Cycle World: Yamaha MotoGP star alleges Marc Marquez never

As for Marquez setting Rossi up...
I reckon Rossi got what he deserved. He's master of the mind games, something we've seen time and time again over the years. Witness his battles both on & off the track with the likes of Biaggi, Gibernau, Stoner & Lorenzo. He's also not beyond some sly cheating if he thinks he can get away with it....

He came out at Sepang accusing Marquez of helping Lorenzo at Phillip Island. Now, how can actually winning the race be seen as helping Lorenzo?...surely he would've let Lorenzo win instead of pipping him on the last lap if that was the case???
It just doesn't add up...  :undecided:

Me thinks Rossi was out smarted when he tried the mind games thing on Marquez and it ended up biting him on the arse.  :lol: :victory:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Hey Rusty will be good to see the 2016 MotoGP start bikes tyres set up all changed.
All good racers do those mind games if the opponents think about who they are racking & not just doing there job & racking there own race, they will never be winners.
This new year will ad so new interest for us arm chair racers!!!! Would like to see some new Aussie racers step up see Jack Miller get up there with the front runners! Gives us more to get excited about!!

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Cheers John...  :goodjob:

Hopefully now that Jack Miller has swapped teams for 2016 and will be riding a factory bike maybe he'll feature a bit more towards the pointy end of the racing...fingers crossed!

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Rusty, I agree!!
In fact I think doing it hard with a low budget team all to his favour , as with the new software new rules they say the news bikes slip n slide a bit more so what he gets will be a vast improvement on what he has had this year. We're the top boys might find they need to work harder, but just guessing.
Can't wait to see the new season start!
Cheers

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Marc Marquez finished the two-day test on top of the timesheets as the 2016 MotoGP™ season got underway in Valencia.
Having spent most of Tuesday at the Comunitat Valenciana – Ricardo Tormo adjusting to the new Michelin tyres and specification changes to next year’s bikes, Wednesday saw a number of riders get a chance to work on their 2016 bikes and setups and focus on gathering data for next year. Every single MotoGP™ rider improved their times from Tuesday as they continued to adapt to the new machinery, with Repsol Honda’s Marc Marquez setting the quickest time over the two days, a 1’31.060.
Read more: :link: Marquez ends Valencia test on top

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal