i30 Owners Club

Is it Possible for members to post testimonials for cars with over 100000 Km ?

Offline alan2938

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      South Yorkshire UK
Is it Possible for member to post testimonials for cars with over 100000 Km 

or 62,000miles on the clock, to see how the i30 is progressing?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
It is certainly possible we just have to hope one of our members with more than 100,000 sees this thread...

You must be close Steve (Senior)  :D
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
It is certainly possible we just have to hope one of our members with more than 100,000 sees this thread...

You must be close Steve (Senior)  :D

I got close to 65,000m (105,000km) up now, and all is sweet as a nut. Not time to do a formal testimony just yet... but I will, eventually
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
 :goodjob: steve.    im sure that lakes is coming up to 90,000kms.
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline alan2938

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      South Yorkshire UK

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
another member with 90,000kms is db08.  :)
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
I have 96,080k up now will wait till i have 100,000k up, won't take long. betsy just hauled a 5 x 8 trailer 850k with a 425k non stop one way averaging 82kph on my GPS, she done it with ease.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Never fails to amaze me how easy the i30 CRDi tows a trailer around. I've been using my 6"x4" trailer a fair bit lately and you'd hardly know it was there. Fuel consumption, at a rough guess has only increased by around .3l/100k.  :goodjob:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Rusty the fuel consumption went up a lot with betsy , as averaging 82KPH when most of speed limit were 50kph 60kph 80kph 90kph 100kph 110kph plus countless traffic lights and road work hold up's to average 82kph means your moving! i normally go 1,100k on one tank no matter how i drive 1,300k if i'm very careful. well towing the 8 x 5 i only went 850k & fuel light came on but was a sizeable load. i put it down to speeds wind resistance the mountains i had to cross & weight. so just show's if you could reduce cars weight & reduce wind resistance you could reduce fuel useage. but i'm happy with that just hate towing trailers as too many limitations. like driving a Truck. but the brakes handle the load with ease.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Still very impressive, Lakes....
My running around was on a fair bit of highway and secondary roads with a small amount of stop start stuff and the loads I was carrying in the trailer were reasonably light. The distances I did was nothing compared to yours.....
I didn't look at my average speed or anything, was just going by how much my trip computer reading increased.  :goodjob:

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
I'm close to 100k km now. Still running great (knock on wood). There's also an owner of i30 in Slovenia, that already has over 300.000 km on his i30 (I think 1.6 CRDI)!! Haven't been able to talk to him yet, but from what I've heard (he services the car where I do), the car is still like new!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
been able to talk to him yet, but from what I've heard (he services the car where I do), the car is still like new!

Awesome  :mrgreen: Please try and get him to come on here and tell us all about his car  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline marti30

• 3rd Gear
May I refer you to 'Early Days But So Far So Good' posted 21st October 2011 in the Testimonials section of this forum. It details my experiences up to 63,000 miles.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal