i30 Owners Club

Steering Wheel Control ATOTO A6PF

Offline Quiescent

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      New South Wales
Hello everyone,

My radio head unit recently started acting up in my 2013 Hyundai i30, it would randomly stop playing music in any mode (radio, bluetooth, cd, usb) so I did some research and successfully replaced it with an ATOTO A6PF. Picking up a FP8120 facia unit and the APPO87 primary harness was all that was required alongside the ATOTO A6PF, anyway.
I knew by doing this I wouldn't have steering wheel control and I thought I didn't need it until I found myself constantly clicking the buttons whilst driving so now I'm after one and came across the Aerpro CHHY8C, but that would require me to actually do some wiring which isn't hard but not ideal because it also costs $100 AUD.
Then I found a video online about someone just simply wiring the steering wheel cable into their head unit and I was wondering if anyone had any experience just doing that? Because the ATOTO A6PF also has the option to set steering wheel controls.

Kind Regards, Q.
  • Hyundai i30 2013

Offline FredtheRed

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Victoria
I did same as you, but opted for the upgraded harness as I couldn't be bothered/it looked pretty messy to test. But this
  might have what you may be looking for.

If your car is a GD i30 you can refer to pin diagrams HERE

If it works out for you would love to hear!

• 2014 GD 5 door hatch, Unleaded 1.8lt, Auto, Silver

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal