i30 Owners Club

Michelin Pilot sport3

Lakes · 6 · 2959

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
well i was useing these tyres on my first i30 fitted to SLX wheels. i sold the car with original steel 15" wheels. yesturday i descided to put them on the new i30 6 speed as the tyres needed rotating, so took the wheel it came with off ( SLX with Hankock's ). the Michelin pilot sport were fantastic in wet weather when new, exerlent wet weather traction . well the have 30,000k up. i went for a 60k drive yesturday after fitting them & it started to rain hard. with stock Hankock tyres if i tried it would activate traction control off lights in wet. i tried yesturday and the michelin got much better traction never activated traction control. it also feels like car roll's more freely than before. probably get 15,000 or 20,000k out of them. i marked rotation & where tyre & wheel was fitted on car when i removed did same with my original wheels tyres so i know were to put them if i re use them.
yes i like these Michelin pilot sports

Offline constipated

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
It's strange your SLX had Hankooks whilst mine purchased just before yours came with Kuhmos.
  • MY11 - SLX CRDi 6 speed manual

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
It's strange your SLX had Hankooks whilst mine purchased just before yours came with kumhos.
Not uncommon with car manufacturers.
You could buy a falcon one day and it woud have Dunlops on it and one bought the next day could have Goodyears.
Hyundai shuffles around between hankooks and Kumhos because they are the same company and Hyundai will have a supply of each of them on their assembly line.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Pip
i marked rotation & where tyre & wheel was fitted on car when i removed did same with my original wheels tyres so i know were to put them if i re use them.

Lakes, you come up with some gems and this one. In the excitement this is something that would most likely be overlooked.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
i marked rotation & where tyre & wheel was fitted on car when i removed did same with my original wheels tyres so i know were to put them if i re use them.

Lakes, you come up with some gems and this one. In the excitement this is something that would most likely be overlooked.

Thanks Pip, i get yellow duct tape stick to wheel use a black felt tip marker write F R> F L> R R> R L >
& how many k's they have done.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Thanks Pip, i get yellow duct tape stick to wheel use a black felt tip marker write F R> F L> R R> R L >
& how many k's they have done.

:brilliant:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal