Goodyear Excellence

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I thought I better not hijack Trevor's Tyre thread...  :whistler:

I just put some Goodyear Excellence 215/60R16 Tyres on my Hybrid (To replace the Dunlop 300E tyres which were OEM)

I replaced them at 48,500 as they were looking decidedly worn after our recent 5000 km road trip.. I probably could have got 2000 more out of the fronts and 5000 more out of the rears but decided to go with the 443 deal which finished last Saturday. I paid $597 fitted and balanced which is pretty good for a tyre of this supposed quality.. (I was a bit disappointed to note they were still made in China despite being advertised as a premium tyre)

We did about 220kms of mixed driving on them yesterday (mainly highway) and they are certainly no noisier than the 300E which we were very happy with in that regard.. It is hard to be sure without a decibel meter but to me they are very slightly quieter around town and make a different (sort of whiring) noise which blends more with the noise made by the electic motor around town... :goodjob:

Steering response ride etc.. seems very similar to the Dunlop 300e

It will be interesting to see how well they wear over time as they get very mixed reviews on the Web  :confused:

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I look forward to your feedback too, Dazz.
We use a lot of them on a couple of limosine fleets we service and they've been using them for over three years now (and a lot of kilometers).

Like you I tend to not pay a lot of attention to web feedback because there is always such a wide range of "opinions".
In general, I tend to believe the positive ones more than the negative on the basis that, if a tyre is any good it will perform satisfactorily if treated properly but if it isn't treated properly then the result will not be postitive.
So, a positive feedback says to me the driver has looked after his product.
A poor feedback if there is no offsetting good results would indicate a poor product.
But a poor feedback balanced with good feedback, suggests to me someone isn't really caring for their tyres.

Just read back over this and I guess it looks a bit confusing but hopefully you'll understand what I mean.

The other thing with feedback is that, historically, if someone is happy with a product, they generally just accept that as their due (as they should). But probably an unhappy user is 10 times more likely to sound off about it.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I get your drift thanks Trevor .. I'm editing Video of the trip at the moment but might go and see what presures they put in because i meant to check that but havent so far  :-[

I'm suspecting atleast 34PSI by the way they look and if anything Trish thought they felt a little firm a couple of times...

Edit: 34 all around except Driver's Side front (40)  :rolleyes: (fixed now I run mine at 34 normally .. happy compromise between ride and economy)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I'm glad you're pleased with them Dazz and I look forward to your feedback too. Or look back to your feedforward?  :confused:
Something like that, anyway.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I'm glad you're pleased with them Dazz and I look forward to your feedback too. Or look back to your feedforward?  :confused:
Something like that, anyway.

I'm looking forward to giving you feedback Dave  :razz:

I'm working inBurnie full time for the next week so that's 100 kms return each day.

Now they are all set to 34 PSI I might get a better idea of how they compare..  :goodjob:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Have done around 2000kms on them already in about 3 and a half weeks..

Noise, ride and handling seems very much on a par with the OEM Dunlop 300E

Before we went on our 5000km Road Trip on the old tyres the Hybrid was averaging 6.4 LPH fairly consistently.

On our Trip (still on the OEM tyres) we got an average of 6.1 LPH (flatter roads, warmer weather and lower speed limits?)

For the first 2000kms (back in Tassie) on the new Goodyear Tyres am averaging 6.2 LPH  :happydance:

These figures are all from the Trip Computer. I usually get about 900 Km's out of a tank but at the moment it has crept up to about 930 or 940  :goodjob:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
That's looking positive.
  • Tertius the i30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal