i30 Owners Club

Looking for offset information.

Offline prgixxergt1

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Orlando, Florida
Hello again, I am trying to figure out wheel and tire fitment on my 2014 i30. I know the stock offset is +35, base on that my question is if I get wheels 17x8 with +35 offset and tires 235/40/17 will I have any fitment issues?  I have done some research and it seems like it will fit with no issue. Also planning on lowering the car.  Any help will be greatly appreciated!
  • 2014 Elantra GT

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
The profile would be 45 on 17" wheels.

Lowering springs you might be able to find readily available in the US but the recommended Korean ones are here :link: 2012+ i30/Elantra GT Storm Lowering Spings Set 4pc - Korean Auto Imports check with your insurance company first before fitting lowered suspension as many companies won't cover you.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 15:12:31 by CraigB »

Offline baroudeur

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Hello again, I am trying to figure out wheel and tire fitment on my 2014 i30. I know the stock offset is +35, base on that my question is if I get wheels 17x8 with +35 offset and tires 235/40/17 will I have any fitment issues?  I have done some research and it seems like it will fit with no issue. Also planning on lowering the car.  Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Bit late but i30 wheel offsets vary depending on tyre and wheel  fitted ............

R15 185/65 (5.5J x 15 5x114.3 d67.1 ET47.0)
R15 195/65 (5.5J x 15 5x114.3 d67.1 ET45.0)
R16 205/55 (6.0J x 16 5x114.3 d67.1 ET51.0)
R17 225/45 (7,0J x 17 5x114.3 d67.1 ET56.0)

Offline Gibbo

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Mount Isa
Unless you go for a narrower rim I would suggest nothing lower than +40 - otherwise you will poke out to far and the friendly boys in blue will defect you. I will post some pics of my set up later in the week if you want
  • GD i30 SE 3 Door, Petrol 1.6L 6 Spd Manual, Sleek Silver

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
You can see exactly what the 40 offset would look like below though mine are 18"x 8" rims

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
You can see exactly what the 40 offset would look like below though mine are 18"x 8" rims

Craig
It may be the way you have taken the photo or an optical illusion,it looks almost like the tyres are directly under the wheel arches,Have you had any issues with wheel scrubbing when the car is loaded up  :question: ie- four people and a boot full of shopping 
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
@Rick, the tyres are right on the edge in line with the guards :sweating: :) when weight is put in or driving over curbs the wheels fold back in behind the guard.

The lower it sits the more the wheels pull back in towards the centre.

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
@Rick, the tyres are right on the edge in line with the guards :sweating: :) when weight is put in or driving over curbs the wheels fold back in behind the guard.

The lower it sits the more the wheels pull back in towards the centre.

Geez that's handy,learn something new every day,didn't realize the rear wheels did that,bit like the V Dubs when they power away  :goodjob2:
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Geez that's handy,learn something new every day,didn't realize the rear wheels did that,bit like the V Dubs when they power away  :goodjob2:
Remember mine as a Euro built i30 has independent rear, I'm not sure how it would react on the torsion beam rear ends.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal