i30 Owners Club

will Lexus is200 alloys fit

s11pyk · 5 · 3665

Offline s11pyk

• 1st Gear
my girlfriend drives an i30 but hates the standard comfort alloys. will the alloys off a Lexus is200 fit straight on? both are 5x114.3 i believe

Cheers, Chris

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
my girlfriend drives an i30 but hates the standard comfort alloys. will the alloys off a Lexus is200 fit straight on? both are 5x114.3 i believe

Cheers, Chris

Should  do if they are 5 x 114.3 ,yeah just scrap the is200  :lol: (any chance of a picture of the lexus wheels you are contemplating?)

Image link via Photobucket (or similar) as per welcome tread tutorial is preferred... :winker:

Edit: Is this the style of wheel you are considering? Similar to some Hyundai ones our european members already have!

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear
  • LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!!

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
you need to know the offset... this is how far in or out the wheel sits from the center line of the rim to the hub face...

just try and see!!

look at my profile pic, it shows a bad 'offset' wheel sitting about 1cm out of the fender!

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
The Lexus IS200 is drilled - 5 x 114.3 mm. It has a 60.1 mm dia hub bore and has an offset in the range 38 to 45 mm depending on actual model and wheel size.
The Hyundai i30 wheels are also drilled 5 x 114.3mm with a hub bore of 67.1mm. The 16" wheels have an offset of 45 mm and the 17" dia wheels an offset of 56 mm.

Hence the Lexus wheels will not fit - the hub bore is too small and the offset difference may not be acceptable

See this data base
http://www.wheelfitment.eu/steekmaat.php?merk=Hyundai&type=i30&merk2=Hyundai

• 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :judges: you are not just a dodgy comedian Alan  :thanks:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal