i30 Owners Club

Checking Spare Tyre Pressure

Offline druggist

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

• Hyundai i30 SX CRDi 1.6 manual CW 2010 MY11
Has anybody got any ideas for an easy way to inflate spare or check it without pulling it out.. I guess I wonder if there is some type of valve extension that I can screw on that is long enough to be accessed without taking the wheel out of the boot well.
My Corolla has the wheel right way up and I can easily access to check. Hyundai has wheel face down with tools in the back, saving space but making it impossible to check spare without pulling it out.

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
^^

Unfortunately, no.
I guess you could manufacture a flexible extension but as most people don't check their spares very often  :twisted: :evil: , it wouldn't be a big seller.
Mine, my wife's and my daughter's get checked about every three months (or before any trip) and I put 42 psi in them. Generally by the end of three months they're down into the mid to low 30's. Oh. And fit a metal valve cap at least to the spare, but preferably to all your tyres.
A metal cap will hold pressure even if you take the valve core out. A plastic one won't and can even blow off.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
Has anybody got any ideas for an easy way to inflate spare or check it without pulling it out.. I guess I wonder if there is some type of valve extension that I can screw on that is long enough to be accessed without taking the wheel out of the boot well.
My Corolla has the wheel right way up and I can easily access to check. Hyundai has wheel face down with tools in the back, saving space but making it impossible to check spare without pulling it out.
I have seen the valve extensions in Biltema in Finland, so I suppose those things may be found on Ebay as well

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal