i30 Owners Club

Factory fitted HID Ballast

Offline Korean_Burnt

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
Is there a logic explanation for water to enter the very expensive HID Ballast? I am not able to get one here in NSW.
Has any member have a suggestion (no, no. burning the car) or advise where to get one?
Thank you in advance
  • i30 GDi SED

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Bummer. Is it definitely cactus?
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Have a look around on eBay :link: HID Ballast Module For Hyundai i30 3Z921-01700 | eBay

They look to have a rubber gasket seal so I guess it's failed, if it's not to badly water damaged you could possibly dry it out with a hairdryer then silicone seal it otherwise you're up for a new one.

Offline Korean_Burnt

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
CraigB thank you for your input, the cited ballast from your suggested link is different to the one required. At present the car is miles away from my place and will test the ballast once I get my hands on it again.
Not a believer but started to pray hard.
Keep safe and well.
  • i30 GDi SED

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
CraigB thank you for your input, the cited ballast from your suggested link is different to the one required.
Scroll down the page, there are many more i30 ballasts mentioned :link: HID Ballast Module For Hyundai i30 2015-2020 3T921-01B80 ( Aftermarket ) | eBay just run a search on the model number of your ballast.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal