Offline i30Dave

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Adelaide, South Australia - Steel Grey SR i30
    • http://www.i30ownersclub.com
Quote from: "dazzling_darryl"
Hi Folks,

Just penned this letter to wheels magazine.. be surprised if it results in a road test comparison though... Unless it's a Commodore, Falcon or worth more than A$80K they don't seem to want to know about it...

"We have just completed 886 kilometres on some glorious Tasmanian roads in two days in one of the most underrated cars on the market.

According to the trip computer, our Hyundai i30 SLX still has enough diesel in the tank for another 134 kilometres and from past experience that is on the conservative side.

Also, according to the trip computer, we averaged 5.1 ltrs per 100 kilometres which appears to tally fairly closely with the size of tank and amount of fuel remaining on the gauge.

By all accounts Hyundai Australia is struggling to keep up with the demand for the Diesel version of this great car and the range topping SR is also proving popular.

A quick browse of the Hyundai Forums website, amongst others, uncovers large numbers of very enthusiastic owners and potential owners joining the waiting list for this new model.

With a special feel good factor we feel the i30 is not being acknowledged enough by magazines such as yours.

It would be great to see an unbiased road test comparison with some equivalent diesels in which I am confident our great little car would assert itself surprisingly well."

Cheers,

Dazz

P.S. I didn't put the "Cheers Dazz" bit in the letter to them  :D

Offline encountar

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Penrith
Had any sort of reply to this mate? its a sad thing some of the bigger mag's not giving the car the respect it deserves :|

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
No M8 I haven't, but from past experience when they have published two previous letters in Wheels they just published them... didn't respond personally.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal