i30 Owners Club

2 Blown Crank Seals and Now Clutch Issues. Worth fixing?

JA1995 · 1 · 1225

Offline JA1995

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
Hi all,

I posted previously about 2 crank seal leaks and now the inevitable has seemed to happen with the clutch/gearbox having big dramas, I suspect I have a similar problem to this post linked: :link: High oil pressure blowing crank seal

My main question is if it is worth fixing? Struggling to know the approx. fix cost. I paid $5500 for the car 6 months ago, towed twise already due to oil seal failure. Car just passed pink slip but haven't renewed rego. Since the second seal fix, gear shifting occasionally difficult, especially second gear. Very rarely do I have to stop and restart the car to get into gear, clutch sometimes feels clunky.

The other night the engine began making a horrible knocking noise, the clutch felt like it had no pressure and I hopped it into my driveway in first gear but something was really wrong, release point on clutch was way out and car was struggling. Stopped and put in clutch and noises were much louder... Overnight it improved somewhat, less noise and gear shift a bit better but something seriously wrong...

Here is my original post for more context: :link: Front Crank Seal Keeps Popping Out, no warning before 2011 Manual
  • 2011 ?? 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 2.0lt, Manual, Blue

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal