Hi from Buderim

Duke750 · 15 · 4575

Offline Duke750

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Buderim
Hi

Greetings from Buderim QLD.

I have recently acquired a Silver auto CRDi SX. Love it. Now has just over 5K on the clock. Returned yesterday from a road trip to Melbourne and Canberra - 4 adults and luggage, averaged 5.9l/100km. Wonderful car to travel in.

First time I have owned or driven a diesel - a totally different experience. Love the torque - just lopes up the hills. I thought that the Hyundai gloves were a bit of an affectation, but found them indispensible when using the same bowsers that truckies use.

Previous car was a 2004 Elantra - it was a good car but bland. The i30 is anything but bland. The Elantra had a bit more room in the boot (but the golf clubs still fit) and a little bit more room in the rear. One thing that I find strange is that the Elantra (and my partner's Getz) had 6 speakers but the SX only has 4. The Getz (2007 1.4 2 door) also has steering wheel stereo controls, but the SX doesn't.

My dealer through in the iPod cable, and I love the connectivity. I don't like the fact that I can't pause the iPod. I also find the lack of a mute button strange.

I had a Hyundai tow bar fitted, and I have noticed a thread here relating to it. Thanks for the hints.

The SX is actually our 5th Hyundai! Our first was a 1996 Sonata that we did over 250k in, including a trip to Darwin and back in 2000. Our current Getz is our second (great car) and my Elantra had 75k when I sold it. We like dealing with hyundai, as they back up their warranties totally.

Looking forward to sharing info and anecdotes with other i30 owners.

Duke750
(Graham)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Graham,

Welcome to the club...

Damn fine introduction .... :D

Great to have you on board...

Cheers,

Dazz

P.S. The Economy figure you quote is very good for a fresh out of the box auto...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline kinesiologykid

• 3rd Gear
Quote from: "Duke750"
Hi

Greetings from Buderim QLD.

I have recently acquired a Silver auto CRDi SX. Love it. Now has just over 5K on the clock. Returned yesterday from a road trip to Melbourne and Canberra - 4 adults and luggage, averaged 5.9l/100km. Wonderful car to travel in.

First time I have owned or driven a diesel - a totally different experience. Love the torque - just lopes up the hills. I thought that the Hyundai gloves were a bit of an affectation, but found them indispensible when using the same bowsers that truckies use.

Previous car was a 2004 Elantra - it was a good car but bland. The i30 is anything but bland. The Elantra had a bit more room in the boot (but the golf clubs still fit) and a little bit more room in the rear. One thing that I find strange is that the Elantra (and my partner's Getz) had 6 speakers but the SX only has 4. The Getz (2007 1.4 2 door) also has steering wheel stereo controls, but the SX doesn't.

My dealer through in the iPod cable, and I love the connectivity. I don't like the fact that I can't pause the iPod. I also find the lack of a mute button strange.

I had a Hyundai tow bar fitted, and I have noticed a thread here relating to it. Thanks for the hints.

The SX is actually our 5th Hyundai! Our first was a 1996 Sonata that we did over 250k in, including a trip to Darwin and back in 2000. Our current Getz is our second (great car) and my Elantra had 75k when I sold it. We like dealing with hyundai, as they back up their warranties totally.

Looking forward to sharing info and anecdotes with other i30 owners.

Duke750
(Graham)

Welcome,
I couldn't figure out waht you were doing to get such poor fuel consumption.
Of course, you got the Automatic!
Nice and hilly around Buderim the torque will be very useful.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome Duke750 from one of the poms.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Greetz Duke750 :)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

ouri30
Hi Graham

Welcome.

Love your part of Qld (and other parts as well).  My wife comes from near Toowoomba.

We also have a Getz and love driving both our Getz and the i30.

Hope you continue to enjoy the forum.

Bob

Offline Seoul-mate

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sunshine Coast, Queensland
Hi Duke750,
               nice to hear you are enjoying the car!!
Also good to have another member from the Sunshine Coast.  ( I live near Maleny )

Some time ago, one of our members ( I think it was Shambles) found that holding down the MODE button on the steering wheel
would mute the sound system. Then touching it again will switch it back on.
If it is in iPod mode, the iPod will restart from the point it had previously stopped,  so it behaves effectively as a pause button.

Cheers , Russ
  • i30 1.6 Diesel (03/08- 09/12), MB B200 (09/12 -->)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Russ,

Only problem is it's an SX (no steering wheel controls)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline redi30

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Quote from: "dazzling_darryl"
Hi Russ,

Only problem is it's an SX (no steering wheel controls)

There is an easy fixx.....................................trade it in for an SLX ;)

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

• Reykjavik, Iceland & Monda, Spain

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Welcome to the club Duke :D

Cheers
Brian
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline ozsnowman

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Central Victoria
Welcome dude! Love your part of the world  :D

Love Buderim Ginger yummmmmmmmmm

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Hi Graham,

Welcome to the club. Mate, that was good fuel econ you achived for that trip regardless of whether its a manual or a deisel.
Sounds lke you're a avid loyal hyundai owner, you're in good company here. :D

Offline jayem

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Welcome Duke,

I am expecting an i30 in an auto soon myself and I am happy to hear what you have mentioned about the fuel consumption in your auto i30. I'll be doing more suburbian driving so I'll expect a slightly higher consumption, but still it's encouraging to hear.

All the best with your new car.

Jayem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal