Cyclists’ bad behaviour caught on camera – video

eye30 · 73 · 13061

Offline TheReaper

• 6th Gear
  • Mad Medic

• au Australia
      Newcastle, NSW

• Live laugh and love
I've got a couple of number plates that I have picked up off the road.  Perhaps I should stick one on my bicycle.

Like others have said, the cost to the taxpayer of having bicycles registered would far exceed any revenue.  Most cyclists have cars that are registered, so it's not like a cyclist is getting anything resembling a 'free ride'.  Every cyclist is one less car on the road.
and one more bike that slows down traffic because they can't do the speed limit
  • 2013 Hyundai i30 GD Active 1.6 L, 6 Speed Automatic, Diesel

Offline TheReaper

• 6th Gear
  • Mad Medic

• au Australia
      Newcastle, NSW

• Live laugh and love

My reason exactly on why cyclist need to have a rego. Maybe think twice before doing something stupid :neutral:

I agree. I bet the reason they oppose having a rego is because they know they will be caught.

Not true. The reason I oppose it is that it will cost (user and taxpayer) a lot with no benefit.

Caught by whom? What bad hit and run stories are there about cyclists? Yet bicycle sales outnumber car sales in Australia. Who do the police need to catch? Who will report them? Will the police care?
So...... What we should all do is let cyclist do what they  want and not give a crap? No reprecussions for bad behaviour?  :disapp:

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery

My reason exactly on why cyclist need to have a rego. Maybe think twice before doing something stupid :neutral:

I agree. I bet the reason they oppose having a rego is because they know they will be caught.

Not true. The reason I oppose it is that it will cost (user and taxpayer) a lot with no benefit.

Caught by whom? What bad hit and run stories are there about cyclists? Yet bicycle sales outnumber car sales in Australia. Who do the police need to catch? Who will report them? Will the police care?
So...... What we should all do is let cyclist do what they  want and not give a crap? No reprecussions for bad behaviour?  :disapp:

The answer is yes. Our taxes pay for people to take action when necessary but as has been pointed out its way down the list of priorities for them. If you have an issue with the legislation or the way its managed, take it up with your local MP.  Its their job to represent your views and I am sure your local member would be only too pleased to hear them.
  • i30 CRDi Elite auto (sleek silver)

Offline TheReaper

• 6th Gear
  • Mad Medic

• au Australia
      Newcastle, NSW

• Live laugh and love

The answer is yes. Our taxes pay for people to take action when necessary but as has been pointed out its way down the list of priorities for them. If you have an issue with the legislation or the way its managed, take it up with your local MP.  Its their job to represent your views and I am sure your local member would be only too pleased to hear them.
So no repercussions for bad behaviour? So we should just let murderers out and let them kill people, rapist out, so everyone's loved one can get raped. It's bad behaviour as well right? Shouldn't be held accountable then??

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
How will somebody paying registration and having a number plate make them more accountable? People are already responsible for their actions, including cyclists.

Offline TheReaper

• 6th Gear
  • Mad Medic

• au Australia
      Newcastle, NSW

• Live laugh and love
How will somebody paying registration and having a number plate make them more accountable? People are already responsible for their actions, including cyclists.
don't know if this going to post. In the car park waiting to pick up the misses, having some issues getting the forum on phone to work. Let me know and I will post back in a bit when I'm back home.

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery

So no repercussions for bad behaviour? So we should just let murderers out and let them kill people, rapist out, so everyone's loved one can get raped. It's bad behaviour as well right? Shouldn't be held accountable then??

Serious?? Read the post again.
  • i30 CRDi Elite auto (sleek silver)

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Oh bugger it I'm going to trade my bike in for a pair of in line skates, always fancied them anyway  :lol:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline TheReaper

• 6th Gear
  • Mad Medic

• au Australia
      Newcastle, NSW

• Live laugh and love
anyways, Im done posting on this topic. the pro cyclist and anti cyclist people on this forum are never going to agree. Im not going to get pulled in anymore on this topic, two days and all this topic makes me do is become feral. Each to their own......... :beer:

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
anyways, Im done posting on this topic. the pro cyclist and anti cyclist people on this forum are never going to agree. Im not going to get pulled in anymore on this topic, two days and all this topic makes me do is become feral. Each to their own......... :beer:

No offence, but I think you have hit the nail on the head with that comment.

Anyhoos, I'm off to the pub (The Roey for those that know Broome), I'm having a "150 Lashes", what can I get you?

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

As a regular cyclist, I'm hardly what you could call anti cyclist.
But I AM anti "anti social bahaviour" It is prevalent wherever I've travelled in the world. And cyclists as a group (certainly not all cyclist dispalys, not even a majority of cyclists - but a significant number) regularly engage in both anti social and inconsiderate behaviour on the roads. In addition, many of the same clique display an arrogance and aggression way beyond what I consider acceptable. Obviously the guy who filmed the video at the start of this thread feels the same way.
My argument on some form of registration or identification is prompted by the need (IMHO) to do something about controlling this situation to some extent.
Pedestrians don't come into it. They were here first, so any other form of motion has a responsibility to avoid them.

I wonder how much all the cycleways and cycle lanes on our roads cost to build and maintain? And where the funds come from for that.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania

As a regular cyclist, I'm hardly what you could call anti cyclist.
But I AM anti "anti social bahaviour" It is prevalent wherever I've travelled in the world. And cyclists as a group (certainly not all cyclist dispalys, not even a majority of cyclists - but a significant number) regularly engage in both anti social and inconsiderate behaviour on the roads. In addition, many of the same clique display an arrogance and aggression way beyond what I consider acceptable. Obviously the guy who filmed the video at the start of this thread feels the same way.
My argument on some form of registration or identification is prompted by the need (IMHO) to do something about controlling this situation to some extent.
Pedestrians don't come into it. They were here first, so any other form of motion has a responsibility to avoid them.

I wonder how much all the cycleways and cycle lanes on our roads cost to build and maintain? And where the funds come from for that.
I couldn't agree more, Trev. But anti social behaviour is not limited to cyclist, surely? I think the guy recording the video has done a great thing, not only does he shame them but points out the error of their ways to them.

IMO, I don't believe that registration would work, and would in fact have unintended negative consequences (less people riding therefore clogging the roads with their car for one).

I agree with the pedestrian comment too, but by logical extension, bicycles came before cars and trucks, so they should avoid bicycles and give them right of way?

The funds for cycle path construction and maintenance comes from individual councils and shires, so rate payers pay for that infrastructure. Just like normal roads (I believe council workers still do road maintenance). Surely the cost of a bike path to support 100kg worth of bike and rider is cheaper than a road to support 65 tonne vehicles?

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal