i30 Owners Club

I30 2013 DRL. Taillights??

SteenP · 9 · 3143

Offline SteenP

• 2nd Gear

• dk Denmark
Just bought a 2013 I30 1.6 crdi, my second I30  :victory:

As I'm living in Denmark DRL's are standard.
I would like the taillights turned on with the DRL's but is this a DIY job or do I have to go to the Dealer to make it happen?

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
My DRL's stay on if I just enable the park/side lights ( which will turn on the rear lights ), one extra turn over to headlights and the DRL's go off

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Hej Steen

Hyundai can do that for you. I don't know if they can just program the car to turn on the tail lights, but I saw some time ago that you can get auto lights retrofitted for around 2500,-

I don't think it's a DIY.
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
My DRL's stay on if I just enable the park/side lights ( which will turn on the rear lights ), one extra turn over to headlights and the DRL's go off

Craig, our problem here is that since 1990 DRL have been mandatory so all drivers are used to the lights turning on when starting the car. For many years the low beams was just turned on as DRL, meaning the rear lights would turn on as well.

Then in 2011 the bright butheads in the EU found out that DRL should only turn on in front, no rear lights. This now results in many cars driving around in the dark with no tail lights on, creating very dangerous situations on the roads.... :crazy1:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Craig, our problem here is that since 1990 DRL have been mandatory so all drivers are used to the lights turning on when starting the car. For many years the low beams was just turned on as DRL, meaning the rear lights would turn on as well.

Then in 2011 the bright butheads in the EU found out that DRL should only turn on in front, no rear lights. This now results in many cars driving around in the dark with no tail lights on, creating very dangerous situations on the roads.... :crazy1:
Asterix, I understand what you're saying, it's just with mine being a Euro model I thought it would behave the same as what you guys get...my DRL's come on as soon as the car is started but I can still turn the rear lights on when the park lights are activated and the DRL's remain on, the only time they go off is when I turn on full headlights.

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
@SteenP does the light in the instrument cluster come on with the DRL.. :question:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline SteenP

• 2nd Gear

• dk Denmark
@SteenP does the light in the instrument cluster come on with the DRL.. :question:

Yes it does, the car is already equipped with autolight(OE) but the taillight is bugging me :confused:

Will have to call the dealership and ask for a price for turning the taillights on.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Is having rear lights on during the day mandatory or is it just an individuals preference?

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Is having rear lights on during the day mandatory or is it just an individuals preference?

Not mandatory, same crazy EU Laws as you guys have. Problem is, as Steen answered, the bright LED DRL's turn on as does the lights in the instrument cluster.

My view is, if the lights in the instrument cluster didn't turn on with the DRL's only, then people would remember to turn on the tail lights when it was dark, simply because they can't read the speedo.
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal