i30 Owners Club

2013 i30 Instant MPG

nic83 · 9 · 3130

Offline nic83

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      UK
Hi. Has anyone had a software update done that increases the max reading on the instant MPG meter on the trip computer? It's limited to 50mpg on my May 2013 i30 which is a bit of a pain. It makes it useless most of the time. I've read people had been promised an update from Hyundai but it hadn't materialised, I've not found any recent discussion about it though.
  • i30 1.6 CRDI Blue Drive

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
Hi. Has anyone had a software update done that increases the max reading on the instant MPG meter on the trip computer? It's limited to 50mpg on my May 2013 i30 which is a bit of a pain. It makes it useless most of the time. I've read people had been promised an update from Hyundai but it hadn't materialised, I've not found any recent discussion about it though.

Read my thread from 2012

Instant Economy Display - new i30

I can add that this promise has not materialised. I had a 2013 i30 Tourer last year and that still had the same display.  It is clear that Hyundai have no intention of changing it until - perhaps - the current model is replaced in possibly 2017.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Mine is max 50 mpg.

I'm due a service next month so i'll ask.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

ouri30
Aussie metric minded owners don't have your issues.  :'(  I feel for you.  :'(

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Going metric is a much better fix. Bring the UK and US into this millennium and never mind the mpg update. :whistler:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
It would cost billions to change the UK over to metric in total. Just the road signs and road markings would account for a heap of money. The USA would have an even bigger problem.

Interestingly - when the motorways were built, from day one, the distance boards were set at one kilometre intervals with small distance posts every 100 metres in between. Someone was obviously planning ahead for the inevitable future change-over
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I dispute the billions. Many countries have done this. I recall my first car had instruments in both scales. The next one was all metric. As maintenance work is inevitably done on roadsigns, some sensible clear direction to transition, perhaps with a dual scale period, will cost nothing. :wink:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
I recall my first car had instruments in both scales. The next one was all metric.

My speedo had both mpg and in small numbers kph
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Bushy

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Mordialloc, Victoria

• 2013 i30 Elite Tourer CRDI Auto "Cool Red"
When we changed over here in Australia in the early 70's we got stick on kph transfers that we applied to the speedo.  Looked pretty awful, but worked.  Of course after a while you just go to know that when a sign said 60 kph that it was 35mph on your speedo.

In addition, I remember that road signs were changed fairly quickly with stick on labels.  Then over time as maintenance replaced signs they became all in km.
  • 2013 i30 Tourer Elite CRDI 1.6L D Auto Red

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal