i30 Owners Club

Battery needs replacing north England based suggestions as to what to buy

Offline h2Olondon

• 2nd Gear
Hi, I30 approaching 5 yr old diesel auto,dealer said battery 499cca s\be 600  their price 129 £. Suggestions as to replacement type and price. Is it better to try independent or Halfords? :

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Hi, I30 approaching 5 yr old diesel auto,dealer said battery 499cca s\be 600  their price 129 £. Suggestions as to replacement type and price. Is it better to try independent or Halfords? :

when ya say £129 is that for the solid gold one   :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked:   I got caught out on  Sunday and to use Halfords, against my better judgmentm the cost was nowhere near £129 and they came out and fitted it too.

Good luck

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Try local motor factors such as partco and see what they want

Near where i live there are a few so i can ring around for best price.

Check battery requirements to make sure you get correct one otherwise you may have issues later if wrong type/power output or whatever they call it.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline wbm00

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      West Midlands, UK
£129?! No wonder people call them dealerships :snigger:

Type your reg in here and see what you can get - generally the higher "Ah" and "CCA" the better:

:link: Car Battery | Cheap Car Batteries | CarParts4Less

:link: Car Batteries | Euro Car Parts - The UK's no.1 Supplier

A local motor factors (eye30's post) would be my preferred option as they may well fit it if asked nicely.
  • 2014 i30 GD 1.4i 98ps 6-speed manual

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
The only Batery type I trust is the AGM type that link said 145 pound you get what you pay for. Australian climate can be hard on battery 's & road surface can be very rough , distance we drive can be long & remote. So a battery is important in some area's so we might look at it in a different way. But I had enough of cheap batteries I had one earth or ground & was only 6 months old I was on a rural road no place to pull off and speed limit was 100kph was just around a bend in road pitch black no lighting, the cars went dead so no power assistance to help stop it no lights. I was just lucky.
So I don't mind paying more for one that won't let me down 20 years useing the AGM type I won't change!!!!!
But in GB some have mentioned very long life, I normaly get 7 years out of an AGM

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Pretty sure the Diesel requires a heavier duty battery than Asa's petrol version. But definitely worth shopping around.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal