i30 Owners Club

Wiring on ECM Rear View Mirror

Offline PaddingtonBear

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Hi - hoping for a bit of help on the wiring of the Electric Chromic Mirror connector. I bought a second hand 1.4l Hyundai i30, 2016 reg and the ECM rear view mirror has never worked. By never worked I mean there’s no power going to the mirror.

I’ve changed the fuse and also tried a different mirror from eBay. A mechanic friend suggested confirming the wiring on the connector going from the car into the mirror. That’s the picture below. Can someone confirm if these wires are going into the right holes?!

Thanks!

• Hyundai i30 (2016)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I don't have access to your model but do you see pins in the socket when you remove the plug?
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline PaddingtonBear

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Thanks for your reply. Yes there are five pins: four on one length and one on the bottom as per the picture below.

What I’m not sure about is:

1. the wire colour ordering
2. the correct holes for the wires

When I purchased the car the ECM never had power going to it. I’ve never touched the wires until trying to change the unit last week. When I removed the old connector I saw that the wires weren’t in far enough to make a connection so I’ve now pushed them in further but in the same holes they were aligned to. It hasn’t worked and seems to have knocked out the noise the car used to make when I put it into reverse!

I’m hoping if someone could just send a pic of the wire ordering I can then rearrange.

• Hyundai i30 (2016)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
A fair enough logic. Do you have access to a multimeter, logic probe or test lamp? You could at least test for 12V or ground on each pin to start mapping their functions.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal