2012 i30 v 2012 KIa Ceed v 2012 Golf Road Test

AlanHo · 15 · 6655

Online AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
UK members might be interested to learn that the UK Auto Express magazine next week will contain a comparison road test of the i30, Ceed and Golf.

It will be in your newsagents on 23rd May.

I will be getting a copy, but will probably not have the opportunity to post any details, because we will be en-route for a 10 day holiday in Scotland and I doubt that I will get a broadband connection.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
That will be interesting Alan.. Hopefully someone else will be able to post details.. :happydance:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Scotland and I doubt that I will get a broadband connection.

Oh come on Alan, they have electric and gas up there now, I've even heard they get the tele as well...   I'll bet someone will open the wifi to ya (bumpers)  ha h ahahhahahaaaa

Online AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

We are staying in a hillside chalet alongside Loch Ness http://www.achmony.freeserve.co.uk/ and have been told that there is no broadband or even mobile phone reception on our side of the hill.

Why else would my wife have booked it - she considers you lot a bad influence............... :rofl: :rofl:

Our chalet is the one illustrated in the oval frame at the top of the home page - it is partly on stilts with fabulous views towards the loch.

It is possible to sit at home and drive up the hill and see the scenery and the location of the chalets - care of Google Earth Street View.
Co-ordinates are N57 20.517  W4 29.194
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 08:56:58 by AlanHo »

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Good to see you and the wife enjoying your retirement  :goodjob2: :goodjob: :mrgreen:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I remember going there as a kid and my dad talking to an old chap who swore he'd seen the monster on a few occasions.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I remember going there as a kid and my dad talking to an old chap who swore he'd seen the monster on a few occasions.

By the sound of that .. Alan has been there before too... (as the Monster  :twisted: not the old chap... :whistler:)

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
We are staying in a hillside chalet alongside Loch Ness http://www.achmony.freeserve.co.uk/ and have been told that there is no broadband or even mobile phone reception on our side of the hill.

Why else would my wife have booked it - she considers you lot a bad influence............... :rofl: :rofl:

Our chalet is the one illustrated in the oval frame at the top of the home page - it is partly on stilts with fabulous views towards the loch.

It is possible to sit at home and drive up the hill and see the scenery and the location of the chalets - care of Google Earth Street View.

Cripes Alan, I just watched the weather girl and she says SNOW on the high ground in Scotland.....  take a woolly jumper,  by which I don't mean a roo for our ozzie cousins  :rofl:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Cripes Alan, I just watched the weather girl and she says SNOW on the high ground in Scotland.....  take a woolly jumper,  by which I don't mean a roo for our ozzie cousins  :rofl:

You have to cross a 'roo with a sheep to get a woolly jumper.  :lol:
  • Tertius the i30

Online AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

Asa - thanks for that news. You have a wonderful gift in finding ways to cheer people up............. :blubber:

However - we chose this time of the year in the expectation that the mountains would still have snow on them and be at their most picturesque........ :P

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Asa - thanks for that news. You have a wonderful gift in finding ways to cheer people up............. :blubber:

However - we chose this time of the year in the expectation that the mountains would still have snow on them and be at their most picturesque........ :P

Then we will look forward to viewing some amazing panoramas  :)
Have a great trip, I'm very envious.  :mrgreen:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
So, who's looking after the High & Dry, again  :foottap:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline succulant

• 4th Gear
  • Never buy a Citroën

• scotland Scotland
      Lanarkshire
Scotland and I doubt that I will get a broadband connection.

Oh come on Alan, they have electric and gas up there now, I've even heard they get the tele as well...   I'll bet someone will open the wifi to ya (bumpers)  ha h ahahhahahaaaa

Well I'll be off now to shovel some coal into the fire and use the outside toilet.... :whistler:
  • Comfort CRDI (115), Suzuki Ignis Sport, Rover Mini 30

Online AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal