i30 Tourer Arrives in Australia

AlanHo · 36 · 9428

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Any comparison's between the new Tourer and the i30 CW Trophy?  I see the back folds down flat in the Tourer, which it doesn't in my Trophy - that, for me, is a big plus.  But, what else?  Is it bigger all around?  I haven't seen one around to have a good look yet.

My wife has an FD CW which has been dressed up as per my signature picture. I checked out the new Tourer the other day and the new styling inside and out looks more modern and stylish and the new GD model is supposed to be a bit quieter.

The one we get in Australia is from the European factory, so if you opt for the Petrol it is only a 1.6 which will be more economical but not quite as Zippy.

I reckon the new styling actually makes it look smaller from the outside but without looking up the specs I believe there is a bit more capacity in the boot with the seats up and with the seats down.

Like you say the seats folding flat is a plus and should have been like that in the previous model as per the FD hatch.

The Drivers seat seemed a bit more comfy to me too.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline tla

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Does anyone know if the diesel comes equipped with a DPF?
  • 2014 Cerato Si, YD, 2.0 GDi petrol, auto, white

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Does anyone know if the diesel comes equipped with a DPF?

Good point. Need to look under the bonnet of one and see if there is a "no DPF" sticker or anything...

I would expect them to have one. Can't see them doing a special mechanical run just for OZ  :undecided:

Offline tla

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Melbourne
With all the trouble the DPF causes, that would be pretty disappointing.  I wonder if it is legal/feasible to remove it if it does come installed.
  • 2014 Cerato Si, YD, 2.0 GDi petrol, auto, white

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

With all the trouble the DPF causes, that would be pretty disappointing.  I wonder if it is legal/feasible to remove it if it does come installed.

Another good point. Would involve re-mapping the ecu etc... though I suspect  :undecided:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Perhaps a legal removal and remap would make a nice business opportunity for some in Oz.  :D
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal