i30 Owners Club

PD SR with a rear wing.

mickd · 32 · 7553

Offline neptune

• V.I.P

• au Australia
that look's ok on the pd.
can you remember when everyone liked those on front window to stop sun on there lap, now windows go back more and never see them. a lot of heat comes into the car via the windows. the air conditioner works really hard here in Australia on a hot day with euro designed cars.

Yep, remember them well. Had a metal grill type on my HJ Holden station waggon.  The HJ was my first car when arriving as a 10 pound pom in 1969, no air con then, thought the HJ was the best thing since sliced bread. :D

Did they have sliced bread in 1969?  :eek: I wasn't very old then...  :lol:

Do you know what Dazz, I cant remember.   :-[  :lol:

No there wasn't till the late 70's

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
that look's ok on the pd.
can you remember when everyone liked those on front window to stop sun on there lap, now windows go back more and never see them. a lot of heat comes into the car via the windows. the air conditioner works really hard here in Australia on a hot day with euro designed cars.

Yep, remember them well. Had a metal grill type on my HJ Holden station waggon.  The HJ was my first car when arriving as a 10 pound pom in 1969, no air con then, thought the HJ was the best thing since sliced bread. :D

you would have felt the heat more at the start.
sliced bread was not that hot as you could loose one slice and not notice lol.
poor dazz never knew what it was like in a black dodge with no air conditioner on a hot day in Sydney, the trick was open quarter vents up full. who robbed us of quarter vents?

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal