Error Message - now cannot attach a docx or jpg file to my posts

TerryT · 5 · 1011

Offline TerryT

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
Hi Shambles, I'm back!
[/size]
[/size] I tried to attach a 52KB jpg file to a post I had drafted and got error message:
[/size]
[/size] Body of page said: 502 Bad Gateway. 
[/size] Top line of page said: 502 Bad Gateway - Profile 1 - Microsoft Edge
[/size] Second line said: https://imgbb.com/upload?mode=smf&code=hotlink&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.i30ownersclb.co...[ran out of space]
[/size]
[/size] I was going to send you a jpg screenshot of the error message but, hang on, I can't!! :)
[/size]
[/size] So, I then put the jpg file into a Word.docx file and tried to attach the Word doc to my draft post by not previewing my draft but just hit Post like you suggested before. Got the next error message which said: Your file is too large.  The maximum attachment size allowed is 50KB.  My Word docx was 156KB.
[/size]
[/size] I then checked the test Word doc that I had successfully attached to our earlier struggle.  It was only 16KB so it got through okay.
[/size]
[/size] Mate, I'm almost ready to give up on this computer crap.  My wife is concerned about the brain damage I might be doing to myself on my computer table. :) 
[/size]
[/size] PS. The [size] preface to each line seemed to have come in after I had to alter the text font?[/size][/size]

• 2018 i30 PD SR Auto 1.6 Turbo Hatch (Sparkling Metal)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
This seems like a browser issue to me, have you checked the Share, Copy and Paste settings in Edge browser? there have been recent changes as of late to Edge browser to tighten security.

DNS changes other than the default setting within Edge could possibly throw some errors, such as the 502 bad gateway you're seeing which is a server response issue.

Offline TerryT

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
Test post using my Samsung tablet using Chrome to attach a .jpg file to this post.

It worked! Life is starting to look good again! (And I was able to use the Preview function before posting).

Thanks Craig. I will later check out my Edge settings on my desktop computer, as well as liaise with Shambles.

Offline TerryT

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
This seems like a browser issue to me, have you checked the Share, Copy and Paste settings in Edge browser? there have been recent changes as of late to Edge browser to tighten security.

DNS changes other than the default setting within Edge could possibly throw some errors, such as the 502 bad gateway you're seeing which is a server response issue.

Craig, my Edge browser settings for Share Copy Paste are shown below.  What if anything do I need to do?

(It seems like unticking the wysiwyg box in my forum Profile may have now allowed me to successfully attach the .jpg file (100 KB) without getting an error message).

Offline TerryT

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
Guys, for whatever reason (Divine intervention, the Devil's work or Shambles tweaking something in the background?) I was able to successfully attach two .jpg files (52 KB & 92 KB) to a new topic "Petrol tank cap holder" in the Technical Info section. 

I was able to Preview my post (and see the attachments were there) before hitting the Post button.  No error message.  Post is now just waiting on admin approval.

I have copied this post to my other Cry for Help post on similar issues.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal