Drivers in Slovenia

accim · 22 · 5725

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Check out these videos!!! They weren't made by me, but still.. I drive on those roads too :)

This one was obviously drunk. It's horrible!! Drunk drivers are a big problem in Slovenia:

Cyclists. Also quite a problem over here.

More (so called) drivers in Slovenia

« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 10:01:04 by accim »

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Fortunately, in over 35 years of driving I have never seen anyone as wayward as that drunk driver  :Shocked:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
More videos :)

From England, Australia..?  :rofl:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

accim, the last one is not England or Australia.. my guess is Canada or the USA  :whistler:

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
accim, the last one is not England or Australia.. my guess is Canada or the USA  :whistler:

All those videos are from Slovenia, I was just wondering if the driver used to live in England or Australia ;) If that is what you thought with Canada or theUSA..?

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Some great vids there.

In the 1st no police when there should be
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
Well I see the situation on your roads is quite similar to what we have got on ours.
Video number one from the first message looks the same as the last one from your second message.
I have spotted the gadgets also known Radar-detector in the cars in two videos, thus wondering if that kind of device is legal in your country?
In Russia the authority doesn't care about this issue, meanwhile it is a concern of penalty in Finland even if it is just stored plugged off in a car's glove's box (a mate from my group was to pay 200 Euro penalty when he entered Finland by car, that device was in the glove's box and was found by Finnish border guard).

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Those radar detectors.. Don't know exactly. Some say they are illegal, others say nobody cares.. I guess they are illegal, but...  :rolleyes:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

All those videos are from Slovenia, I was just wondering if the driver used to live in England or Australia ;) If that is what you thought with Canada or theUSA..?

Oh, I see what you mean... :lol:  In Australia they have to breath test most of our drunk drivers.. but over there you only have to watch them  :Shocked: :whistler:

Offline neoto

• 3rd Gear

• si Slovenia

• i30cw 1.6 CRDi Style 90 HP
Radar detectors are allowed in Slovenia, jammers aren't. And even if you store it in one of the compartments, the police is not allowed to instruct you to open these or any other close compartment in the car - even the trunk (but you must open it if the policeman wants to see the spare bulbs, safety triangle, first aid... that is normally stored there).
Drunk drivers are a huge problem in Slovenia. Even though the penalties are getting higher and higher, there is still a lot of accidents caused by drunk drivers.

The sad thing is that I can almost daily see those situations in the above videos from my car... and no one ever gets caught.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Drunk driving is not funny in any country. It will always happen that someone makes a terrible decision to drink & drive.

Do everyone a favor and dob these people in by mobile phone. The person they kill might be someone in your family. I had a school mate killed by drunk driver 40 years ago, and it's NOT FUNNY. I still remember him as he was, a young lad.  :'(
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

......spare bulbs....
Is it an obligation to have them in a car in your country?

Do everyone a favor and dob these people in by mobile phone.
Hmmmm, that is unlikely to work in Russia for the time being, due to other mentality. This kind of action is typically considered as betrayal and the worsest thing one may undertake.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Surely saving someone's life is worth more than that. I wouldn't make a very good Russian would I.  :(

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
......spare bulbs....
Is it an obligation to have them in a car in your country?

Do everyone a favor and dob these people in by mobile phone.
Hmmmm, that is unlikely to work in Russia for the time being, due to other mentality. This kind of action is typically considered as betrayal and the worsest thing one may undertake.

Spare bulbs, emergency triangle and first aid kit is the equipment, that is obligated in every car.

As neoto already said it.. Drunk drivers are a big problem here. You know what's the worst thing? You can't stop them from doing that. Last year, there was this accident, where a guy rammed into a small bus on a highway. In the bus, there were some women (I think they were coming home from some celebration, I even think that one of them was getting married) and they were around 25-30 years old. Anyways, few of them died, but the driver who caused the accident was okay. But you know what's the worst thing? The worst thing is, that it wasn't his first time he had killed someone, while drunk driving!! He had done that already some time ago.

And there are many stories like that. Some of my friends also drive drunk (well not very drunk, but 7-beers drunk), almost every weekend.... What can I say, it's horrible.  :undecided:

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

Spare bulbs, emergency triangle and first aid kit is the equipment, that is obligated in every car.

The last two items along with a fire extinguisher  are to be available in every car, but nothing is said about bulbs actually  :whistler:.

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

Surely saving someone's life is worth more than that. I wouldn't make a very good Russian would I.  :(
You wouldn't know that for sure before you come and stay here.

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr

The last two items along with a fire extinguisher  are to be available in every car, but nothing is said about bulbs actually  :whistler:.

Interesting. It is here. I remember once, the policeman was even checking if I had H7 or H4.

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Hi Accim

Horrible videos, I´m glad I haven´t met any of these guys when I drive through Slovenia with my caravan.

It´s a nice country you live in, even the views from the motorways are fantastic many places.
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Interesting. It is here. I remember once, the policeman was even checking if I had H7 or H4.

That seems crazy they would bother to do that  :rolleyes:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
meehalych

Sorry, far too cold for me. BTW, have you ever been in hot places at all. We get 45 Deg c here in summer. I'm not a fan of that temperature either. 22 - 28 will do me.

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

meehalych

Sorry, far too cold for me. BTW, have you ever been in hot places at all. We get 45 Deg c here in summer. I'm not a fan of that temperature either. 22 - 28 will do me.
The climate changes, so we have got +1 now, though it is almost a middle of December.
Well, I have been to Kazakhstan and south part of Ukraine, anyway we may have the hot summer too with up to +35 degrees and high humidity due to Saint-Petersburg's location as there is Finnish gulf on our west and Ladoga lake on the east.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal