i30 Owners Club

Changes......

Guest · 68 · 17364

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
If a big Scotsman wearing a kilt was running after me wanting to give me a bang I'd get the hell out of there too.
Very wise decision.  :goodjob:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
If a big Scotsman wearing a kilt was running after me wanting to give me a bang I'd get the hell out of there too.
Very wise decision.  :goodjob:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Actually he was a tall skinny, middle aged weed in a sports coat and tie. Looked like one of those typical nerdy university lecturer types.

With sincere aoplogies to Brian who DOESN'T display any of those characteristics.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Yair. I know. We're off topic.

Bloody nice looking car Brian.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Yeah, looks nice.
I hope you never get a bang on the roof.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
No, it is not illegal Russ, if it was it would simply be ignored though, the cops can't enforce the laws we do have!!

Ta Brian....It's illegal here but that doesn't stop the odd person doing it and I don't see the cops booking them...
Maybe there's not as much money in it compared to speeding... :whistler:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

I'm not sure how it is in the east, but in the west there are parking provisions in the Road Traffic Code that can be used in certain circumstances but the police don't generally police parking as it is a local council issue, not a police one.
Unless it creates a dangerous situation or traffic obstruction.
I haven't checked the new RTC but in the old one there was a regulation which stated that a parking offence was not an offence under the code if it was also an offence under local government by-laws, so that may explain why the police don't touch it there either.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Here's what's in our rule book... :)

Parallel parking

Notes

1 Area, length, of road, park and stop are defined in the dictionary.

2 Rule 165 provides defences to the prosecution of a driver for an offence against a provision of this Division.

208  Parallel parking on a road (except in a median strip parking area)

(1) A driver who parks on a road (except in a median strip parking area) must position the driver's vehicle in accordance with subrules (2) to (8).

Penalty:   3 penalty units.

Note

Driver's vehicle and median strip parking area are defined in the dictionary.

(2) The driver must position the vehicle to face— (a) in the direction of travel of vehicles in the marked lane or line of traffic on, or next to, the part of the road where the driver parks; or

(b) if there is no traffic on, or next to, that part of the road—in the direction in which vehicles could lawfully travel on that part of the road.

Note

Marked lane is defined in the dictionary.

(3) If the road is a two-way road, the driver must position the vehicle parallel, and as near as practicable, to the far left side of the road.

Note

Two-way road is defined in the dictionary.

(4) If the road is a one-way road, the driver must position the vehicle parallel, and as near as practicable, to the far left or far right side of the road, unless otherwise indicated by information on or with a parking control sign.

Note

One-way road, parking control sign and with are defined in the dictionary.

(5) If the driver does not park in a parking bay, the driver must position the vehicle at least 1 metre from the closest point of any vehicle in front of it and any vehicle behind it.

Note

Parking bay is defined in the dictionary.

(6) If the road has a continuous dividing line or a dividing strip, the driver must position the vehicle at least 3 metres from the continuous dividing line or dividing strip, unless otherwise indicated by information on or with a parking control sign.

Note

Dividing line and dividing strip are defined in the dictionary.

(7) If the road does not have a continuous dividing line or a dividing strip, the driver must position the vehicle so there is at least 3 metres of the road alongside the vehicle that is clear for other vehicles to pass, unless otherwise indicated by information on or with a parking control sign.

(8) The driver must position the vehicle so the vehicle does not unreasonably obstruct the path of other vehicles or pedestrians.

(9) This rule does not apply to—

(a) a driver if the driver parks on a length of road, or in an area, to which a parking control sign or road marking applies, and information on or with the sign or road marking includes the words "angle parking" or "angle"; or

(b) the rider of a motor bike if the rider parks the motor bike on a length of road, or in an area, to which a permissive parking sign applies and the sign indicates that the length of road or area is for parking motor bikes.

Notes

1 Motor bike and road marking are defined in the dictionary.

2 Division 9 deals with angle parking.

(10) Subrules (3) and (4) do not apply to the rider of a motor bike if the rider positions the motor bike so at least 1 wheel is as near as practicable to the far left or far right side of the road.

(11) If a road has or more service roads, the part of the road used by the main body of moving vehicles, and each service road, is taken to be a separate road for this rule.

Note

Part of the road used by the main body of moving vehicles
and service road are defined in the dictionary.

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
My son was booked in a (very) back street of Annerley in Brisbane one night some years ago.
It was after 11pm and before about 7am. He was up visiting his Aunt while we were still living in Sydney.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal