i30 Owners Club

2011 Corolla Ascent auto sedan

Eureka · 3 · 1453

Offline Eureka

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
This is 'her' car, bought new in early 2012; it replaced her 1993 Mazda Astina.  1.8 litre (chain driven DOHC - I think it's got 2 camshafts) 4 speed auto, steel wheels. I drive it a bit but not a lot.  In some respects it feels much better than my 2007 CRDi manual.  As an auto it's so much easier to drive around the city.  Acceleration is quite quick, much quicker than mine.  It's very quiet.  It also feels much tighter, more composed and the suspension feels much more supple and compliant than my CRDi.  The fuel economy is pretty ordinary, however.  I don't drive it enough to bother to work out how many klms it will do on a full tank, but I wouldn't be surprised if it does half what my car does.

I should try to test drive a new i30 to see how it feels. 

Just remembered there is one tiny item that is better in my i30: the chrome release knob in the end of the handbrake lever is a sloppy, loose fit in the Corolla; mine fits much better.  I was surprised by this.   

• SX crdi manual 2007

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Yeah, thanks for that .. Toyota don't make a bad car :D
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
In my job I get to drive a lot of different vehicles,we have an office vehicle the same as this,but it is manual,I certainly wouldn't be swapping Bruce for it,I actually though it was a extremely ordinary car,especially for a company the likes of Toyota
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal