i30 Owners Club

Genuine Diesel Filter $38.47

beerman · 104 · 31055

Offline BlueI30

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

Shame you needed it in a hurry, otherwise you could've done as I did and placed a bid and then hoped no one else placed one...lol

Still, you can't complain about getting a filter for a third of the price the dealer wanted.  :goodjob:

We have 2 x I30 CRDI's , one a 2010 hatch and the other a 2009 CW . The '09 car is due for the 60K, the '10 car is at 53K so I will do that (place a bid) for a filter for the '10 car  :)

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
 :goodjob:

Hopefully this same seller will have oil and air filters down the track....

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen

My mechanic rang a dealer to order one and they wanted $153  :Shocked:

$153  :Shocked: That is robbery.....

You could get the complete set of filters from SFS twice over for that......God bless the internet....

Beerman yes I'm with you,I wouldn't pay that for a filter in a pink fit,I use SFS for the cab filters and I just go with Ryco from Cov parts,Ryco is one of the worlds largest filter companies if you can't trust them who can you,plus a little while ago watched a docco on Ryco showing how they made different filters very interesting and during the show they shown different runs of filters they were labelling them as not only Ryco but toyota,Hyundai and Mitsubshi,suppose they sub contract as well when it is required.

I know when I asked about a factory fuel filter I was quoted $135 and shook my head at that
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I have 3 fuel filters sitting on the shelf now. Should be enough for a few years motoring...  :D

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I have 3 fuel filters sitting on the shelf now. Should be enough for a few years motoring...  :D

I hope they don't get clogged with dust.  :undecided:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia

My mechanic rang a dealer to order one and they wanted $153  :Shocked:

$153  :Shocked: That is robbery.....

You could get the complete set of filters from SFS twice over for that......God bless the internet....

Beerman yes I'm with you,I wouldn't pay that for a filter in a pink fit,I use SFS for the cab filters and I just go with Ryco from Cov parts,Ryco is one of the worlds largest filter companies if you can't trust them who can you,plus a little while ago watched a docco on Ryco showing how they made different filters very interesting and during the show they shown different runs of filters they were labelling them as not only Ryco but toyota,Hyundai and Mitsubshi,suppose they sub contract as well when it is required.

I know when I asked about a factory fuel filter I was quoted $135 and shook my head at that

I used Ryco for the first change SFS for the second. As long as I see complies with manufactures specifications,  I'm happy.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

They came in boxes, Dave...  :winker:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen

They came in boxes, Dave...  :winker:

Just make sure you tape the ends of the boxes up,so dust and gremlims don't get into the boxes,had an old Z9 in the shed for years,don't know anyone who uses em anymore went to pick it up to throw it away and had a nest of small ants in it.

Oh Just watching Johny English Reborn(Rowen Aitkenson) so funny
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Ahh the old Z9, how many of those did I change in my time.....

I remember when Kmart used to have a whole end devoted to Z9 and Z30? oil filters, the next one across would be a whole end of Valvoline or Caltex oil....

How times have changed.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
You can't get SFA from Kmart now. Just crappy imported low grade Indonesian refined oil, no filters, no brake light bulbs etc. very disappointing.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Bunnings took their hardware and garden, Supercheap took their Auto.

I remember spending many a Saturday morning tinting paint, cant even get paint there now.....

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Exactly, Bunnings is close, Supercheap are 30 minutes away in Adelaide   :fum: :fum: :fum: :fum:

Now I have to go to REPCO and we all know what that stands for.  :whistler:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

I don't  :confused: :Dunno:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Rip
Every
Poor
Country Bumpkin
Off
 :whistler:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

I've recently left Super Cheap after leaving Marlows and after trying Malz and I've found myself at Repco.
So far, I've found them to be pretty good.  :)
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I get 10% off with my RACT card (and sometimes 20%) They have quite a good store in Devonport.

I hadn't heard that one  :undecided:

We have Supercheap and Repco and another Local Auto Store but our Autobarn closed down.. :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Exactly, Bunnings is close, Supercheap are 30 minutes away in Adelaide   :fum: :fum: :fum: :fum:

I have the prefect solution for that,I normally get my filters from Cov parts,one day I didn't have time to go to Cov parts and went into Repco(as I was passing it),asked for the fuel filter,they had cheap hydraulic trollry jacks,$15.95 for the 1.4T so I said to the bloke I'll have one of them too.

He rang it all up and said that will be $68.95,after I picked myself up off the floor,I just yelled at the top of my voice WTF how much was the F...ing fuel filter,I already knew it was $53, I just said F*#k that,you can put it all back on the shelf,I'll go back down the road to Cov parts and get my filters, he soon jumped and said he could do better,asked what cov parts charged me and I said I have the last receipt in the car,but I was sure it was $32.95,he didn't ask me to get the receipt he just matched their price.

So yeah never just walk into Repco and accept what their charging you, they will rip you off,evem though I get a good deal at Cov parts,I still ask for a further discount,nine out of ten times I get it.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
I couldn't walk into a shop and swear.  I know I'm getting ripped off, but that's just not the way I work, much to my disadvantage I suppose.  :(

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Phil you could leave out the swear words  :),the point is to make a scene,knowing you are being ripped off,bringing it to the attention of all the other customers,so they then know they can get a fairer deal also,it is the only way to combat rippoff stores like repco, I will often use this tactic,play one company or store against another,none of them like loosing business to their competetors.

Internet shopping has a lot of businesses worried these days,but these too you have to watch some of them and hunt around

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Doesn't work for me Rick. Seen yourself in a mirror lately, If you did that to me, I'd probably give the goods to you for free. Unfortunately, I don't have an intimidating appearance, 300mm too short.  :'(

Online The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
All in the attitude, Phil. My Jack Russell is much shorter than you.  :D
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Doesn't work for me Rick. Seen yourself in a mirror lately, If you did that to me, I'd probably give the goods to you for free. Unfortunately, I don't have an intimidating appearance, 300mm too short.  :'(

Phil I am far from looking intimidating,I'm a chicken at heart,butI do not like being blatantly ripped off

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
So is my Willy.

Meet Willy.

So now you are admitting you have a small blue willy  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia

Phil I am far from looking intimidating,I'm a chicken at heart,butI do not like being blatantly ripped off

What about that bike photo you posted recently, scared me :scared:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

What about that bike photo you posted recently, scared me :scared:

I think Rick's a gentle giant.
But probably one you wouldn't want to upset.  :)
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Like a Wookie, then.  :mrgreen:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Gord you two are makingme sound like an Ogre,you'll give me a complex  :whistler:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Bloody Nora, someone had to do it   :snigger:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal