i30 Owners Club

Forum Friendships...

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I have now met more than 20 members and partners in 5 States and 2 Territories of Australia and can only say that is you get the chance to meet up with an i30 Owners Club Member .. Please don't pass it up... :mrgreen:

I have been selective on whom we have made an effort to meet, based on time contraints, frequency of posts and the members general demeanour on the site, but given more time and opportunity I am sure i would enjoy meeting all our members...

I don't advertise our trips away on the open forum and only had limited time on this whirlwind trip so I apologise to any other members who would have liked to meet up (maybe next time) I just missed out on meeting with Phil (847563) in Adelaide as he joined around the time we were in Adelaide last year  :disapp:

To those we have met so far .. Thanks for your brilliant Hospitality which was every bit as good as that afforded to us by our families (Trish can be quite shy at times but felt really at home and very welcome)

So please make the effort to catch up with members where you can.. All the ones we have met were great folk  :happydance:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
Nice post, Dazzler. I couldn't agree more. :goodjob2:
  • Lubricious, the greatest 2010 CW Auto diesel.

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I absolutely agree.
I doubt I'll ever catch up to Dazz' meetups, but I can lay claim to having met someone further away than he has - in fact, further away than anyone else on the site has (except for one).
Damned nice people and I was only thinking along similar lines to this thread after meeting UM today and continuing to be pleasantly surprised at the genuine quality of our members.

I have talked to meehalych on fb (not verbally yet, just in text but the idea of sharing even simple things like the local weather with people on the other side of the world - people you would never meet in the normal scene of things - is awe inspiring.
I grew up in an era when you had "pen pals" and wrote to them by snail mail. It took weeks for your letters to be returned.

Ya gotta love technology.

And the i30 owners club.

Thank you Shambles, Dazz and the other founders who had the foresight to create this forum.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal