i30 Owners Club

Where to find cheapest fuel diesel or petrol ?

rustbucket · 115 · 32843

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Today in Devonport Tas BP and Caltex both up to around 1.18.9 for ULP Diesel still at 1.34.9 (Not quite as good as Thumpers posting but closest for several months... :razz:)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline GURKHA17

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Darwin

• Darwin,NT, Australia

Offline Treddy85au

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Arundel

• CRDi Moonlight Blue Manual

Offline Seoul-mate

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sunshine Coast, Queensland
Is that in Qld?
  • i30 1.6 Diesel (03/08- 09/12), MB B200 (09/12 -->)

Offline Treddy85au

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Arundel

• CRDi Moonlight Blue Manual

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
That is cheap!!
Here in Canberra today, LP$1.19.9...Diesel$1.25.9.
Gap between the two looks to be coming down :razz:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

As we do three quarters of our driving in the diesel It's sort of good news for me but like Bob and Russ who also have an unleaded vehicle there are always mixed feelings when unleaded goes up... :rolleyes:

Offline Rubix

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

E-10 ULP $1.159
Normal ULP $1.279
Diesel $1.239

Caltex Highway service center at Yass.

Oh joy!

I was driving through there yesterday and on Friday. On that same trip, the most amazing thing happened (edit, not as amazing as your 4c difference, but still. Here's me thinking "what a story to tell when I get back to the interweb"!).

Diesel was $1.209 and Unleaded standard was $1.219 (e10 wasn't advertised) - I didn't stop there so I didn't write down where it was, but I was shocked to say the least.

I noticed at the 4 places I filled up over the weekend that I was paying more for premium unleaded than for diesel. Bah humbug! This then led to the thought I'll postulate in a new thread, rather than lead this one offtopic. But yeah, I was paying $1.25-1.35 on premium unleaded over my trip, but that was during one of the more expensive weekends in the year, ie Australia Day Long Weekend. I'll see what price I'm paying at my local cheapie tomorrow.

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
The Woolies?Caltex at Gungahlin today was selling ULP for $1.28.9L and Diesel for $1.25.9. I am glad I got the Diesel. :D
of course, ULP will go down 10 cents or so by Mon-Tue, but its still good to see Diesel cheaper than petrol for a change.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Yesturday BP @ Bass Hill selling Diesel $1.14.9   BP Silverwater Rd Diesel $1.19.9 unlead $1.25.9 Mobile diesel $1.20.9 unlead $1.14.9
but i'd say diesel will go up just it always takes longer to change . petrol goes up and down  fast. the bad news is the AU$ went down again.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Prices rising in UK.

My local Shell put all fuel up 1p/l

others increased prices Monday
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Duckman

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Diesel will go up, it's just it doesn't react that badly to change. Remember how the diesel price was hovering around the AU$1.70 for a while, whilst petrol prices plummeted to $1.10?

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
sure you are right duckman, just it's cheap here right now was three BP servo's selling diesel below $1.20 all week one $1.19.9 another $1.18.9 and a third $1.14.9 but the BP i filled at was $1.22.9, reason i chose this one was they have about ten high flow diesel pumps and one normal you can see large trucks on just about every pump so high turn over my motor likes it too. i seem to get my best economy with the fuel from this BP too, even better\ than useing Caltex  Vortex diesel but my motor does feel responcive after a tank full of vortex just it does not use less fuel on vortex. i also noticed that it was easy to fill right up with BP from this servo compared to so others.
#who knows why?
cheers

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
price of diesel definatly getting cheaper here, but don't ask me why. tonight i saw a mobile servo that has sold diesel at $1.20.9 for past few weeks  and had diesel still at $1.20.9 and unlead at $1.15.9 thursday night now diesel there is $1.17.9 and unlead $1.19.9

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I'm going to fill up at the local Mobile as they have diesel @ $1.17.9 and friday after work i'm going 500 k that will be cheapest tank i've used since buying the i30 last April, so happy. still have not noticed a great deal of difference in economy between mobile BP or Caltex Vortex, but the Vortex seems to make motor feel more responcive after you go a few hundred k on it it seems to get beter, mobile runs ok , BP runs nice Vortex $1.30.9 Mobile $1.17.9 BP $1.22.9 have not used shell but someone on here said they got beter eco on shell than vortex diesel, gives me a pain in the head thinking about it all  :wink: but on a trip in fith gear the i30 CRDi runs great with any of them its just runing up through the gears you can feel a slight diference, on the trip i'll be mostly in 5th with CC on.
cheers

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
$1.17.9, yeah thats cheap.
Cheapest I have found here is still $1.25.9.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Eyma, it's off the main road  but close to the sydney end of F3 ( 10k ) the Caltex on pennant hills road has diesel high @ $1.30? BP is around $1.24.9 all the cheap diesel is away from known tourist routs so makes me think the big oil co's want to rip tourists $'s off you can buy BP @ $1.16.9 last week was $1.14.9 down bass hill on hume hwy

Offline I30Racer

• 2nd Gear

• lu Luxembourg
      Luxembourg
Luxembourg: Diesel     1.72 Aus$
                    Fuel 95   1.88
                    Fuel 98   1.94

The Price is per Liter!Note that we´re one of the cheapest in europe!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi i30racer.. what is the latest with your blown turbo?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

The garage closest to my house had diesel a cent cheaper than unleaded today (first time I've seen that in Tas for 6 months I reckon)

Strangely they are about 14c dearer than another garage in town on Unleaded and 5 cents dearer than a different one on diesel...

Offline ozsnowman

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Central Victoria
Had a run to Melbourne airport Tuesday, and in Sunbury diesel was 111.9!! Unleaded was 114.9

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
111.9 is good, near me cheapest diesel is 112.9 , unlead and E10 go up and down tuesaday being there cheapest day, but it's the unposted 95 pemium and 98/100 that have gone up they are over 10cents higher than the unlead posted price. and if you own a euro petrol car they must use 95 or better

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Can't see why Tassie Diesel is over 10cents a litre dearer than the North Island... :evil:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I think it has always been that way Dazz as i remember every time ive been down there i saw petrol prices were a lot higher than i was used to. might be just ripping tourists driving around the island off? who knows but something is not right! start a campain to not buy fuel monday or tuesday in Tassie?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

start a campain to not buy fuel monday or tuesday in Tassie?

It's too dear Monday, Tuesday, Hyundai.. everyday..   :rolleyes: :twisted:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal