i30 Owners Club

Bridgestone Potenza promo 4 tyres for price of 3. opinions?

Nev75 · 12 · 6606

Offline Nev75

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide, South Australia
Hello All,

Bridgestone have a promo at the moment where you can buy 4 Potenza tyres for the price of 3. Finishes at the end of the month. Eligible tyres can be find in this PDF file:
http://www.bridgestone.com.au/lib/pdf/premium/Potenza_AUS.pdf

I'm still on the stock Kumho tyres, 63,000km done on the clock, down to 2mm so good time to change them over.

I'm interested in the Adrenalin RE002. Any of you have an opinion on these tyres?

Thanks!

Nev

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I've sold a few Bridgestones in my time Nev but not enough to form an opinion on them.
Can you check on exactly how much you'll be paying for the 4 tyres (incl freebie), fitted, balanced, scrap fee, new valve stems and 4 wheel alignment?
Then we can consider any viable options for you.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Nev75

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
hi Surferdude,

The price will be $215 fitted per tyre + $55 for wheel alignment. Therefore a total of $700. I didnt ask about balancing, scrap fee, valve stems, but I'm assuming that this would be included in the quoted price. Or am I assuming too much?

I've sold a few Bridgestones in my time Nev but not enough to form an opinion on them.
Can you check on exactly how much you'll be paying for the 4 tyres (incl freebie), fitted, balanced, scrap fee, new valve stems and 4 wheel alignment?

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
hi Surferdude,

The price will be $215 fitted per tyre + $55 for wheel alignment. Therefore a total of $700. I didnt ask about balancing, scrap fee, valve stems, but I'm assuming that this would be included in the quoted price. Or am I assuming too much?

If they say $215 fitted you should safely be able to assume the other bits are included.
Sorry, i should have asked this earlier.
What size?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
hi Surferdude,

If they say $215 fitted you should safely be able to assume the other bits are included.
Sorry, i should have asked this earlier.
What size?

Looks like Nev might have gone off line but 99% certain they are 16" 205/55 R16 (the Standard SLX size)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Nev75

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia

Looks like Nev might have gone off line but 99% certain they are 16" 205/55 R16 (the Standard SLX size)

Correct Dazz :)

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
OK.
Among the ones talked about on here are Toyo Teo, Continental Contact 2 and Mastercraft. AFAIK there's been no bad feedback about any of them.
Might at least be worth checking prices on them before commiting, but the Bridgestone price sounds reasonable for a 55 series tyre with an acknowledged brand name.

Offline Nev75

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I had some on Mrs Beer's car before I got the Goodyear Eagle Ones. They were good, but the Good Years are better.

With a bit of haggle the price gap wasn't that much.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I'm in the situation where if I trade in for one of the new models I'll be leaving these tyres on, but if I don't I'll be buying a new set soon.
Mine have done 60,000 kms (second set) and still have a reasonable amount of tread on them but it won't take long, so I'll be going back and reading all the tyre threads again.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Talking Hoarse

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Winchcombe, Glos
Bridgestone Potenza's - if they are same as UK ones.  Many think they are really good and choose them.  However beware and fit as a set (as I think you should any tyre preferably).  I think the sidewalls are much stiffer than those of Hankook's, Continental's, Michelin's etc.  I ended up with a (borrowed) odd Bridgestone Potenza on the back of my i30 that has Hankook's on, pending ATS getting my matching new tyre - the car handled very strangely indeed.  I had previously done many miles with an odd Michelin among the Hankook's and not noted any strange behaviour.  Yes - I have had 3 punctures in 2 years each time back left tyre.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I have had 3 punctures in 2 years each time back left tyre.

Strange coincidence  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal