Guest · 42 · 11332

Offline babis_xo

• V.I.P
  • 6* dummy

• gr Greece
      Body lives in Athens, heart in Thessaloniki

• ...em ot keerG lla s'ti
 :whsaid:
show me your car so I can tell you who you are.
A car full of dents shows a person who is either unlucky or doesn't care at all, especially for others.
Just leave a note, insurance will pay for you
  • 1.4 HB Classic '09 White

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
A car full of dents shows a person who is either unlucky or doesn't care at all, especially for others.
or a mad designer, whose car is one of his mad art work.

leave a note and insurance will pay - it would be a madness from that guy's side to leave any note with his personal details inscribed and go away from a place of accident - he is to be arrested and jailed

Offline babis_xo

• V.I.P
  • 6* dummy

• gr Greece

or a mad designer, whose car is one of his mad art work.
hahaha... your imagination terrifies me :sweating:

leave a note and insurance will pay - it would be a madness from that guy's side to leave any note with his personal details inscribed and go away from a place of accident - he is to be arrested and jailed
I left my mobile number once (hoping for something good I guess) :whistler:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
That is terrible Dave .. Megan must be devastated (I know I would be)..3 Panels already  :Shocked:

I still do laps of my car every time I get back to it.. So far so good touch wood..  :sweating:

and as for what others have said .. insurance excess will proclude that sort of repair and when you work in an area like that for those sort of hours it is very hard to avoid these buggers..  :disapp:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline babis_xo

• V.I.P
  • 6* dummy

• gr Greece

Daz@
"leave a note, insurance will pay for you" was a prompt for the driver who caused the accident not for Dave :snigger:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Unfortunately Megan has to park in a car park because of work and it's the only place.
And to add insult to injury, the first phone call I received this morning was Megan. Someone has backed into her car while she was at work and damaged the back of it.
They left a note but I feared the worse and was right.
They wrote "Sorry, I backed into your car" and wrote a phone number.
I rang the number and it is a false one.
Lowlife scum.
Megan is very, very upset, and was crying on the phone to me this morning because she is working such long hours and has bought this brand new car and it looks decidedly second hand all because of other inconsiderate people and now she has to pay for its repair because of someone else's non-existent morals.
 :fum:
Apologies for off-topic.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline babis_xo

• V.I.P
  • 6* dummy

• gr Greece

:(  Sorry to hear that
She's working pretty much but she has to find some time to spend with her beloving people and forget about scratches and dents... people for people and scratches for cars, the opposite is not right.

This guy probably left a note because of other people looking. You shouldn't feel anger but pity for him

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

This guy probably left a note because of other people looking. You shouldn't feel anger but pity for him

I feel pity for him (if Dave or I got hold of him)  :evil:

That is absolutely terrible Dave (pass on our condolences) I can only imagine how she feels .. You almost wonder if these people do it on purpose out of jealousy ..

Maybe the mobile paintless dent people can fix the door dings cheaply  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
She has no choice at the moment but to work these long hours because it is a brand new store with new staff so she has to be there from open til close.
I went and visited another place just over the road from her shop this morning and they are kindly letting her park her car at their premises from now on, which will be good not only for her car but also for her security as she has to walk back at night time.
As far as paintless dent removal is concerned, I'm hoping they can do some of them but one of them is right on the "crease" of the waistline and has been hit with quite some force so not sure how they'll go.
The one on the front fender may be a bit difficult to get to, too.
The rear bumper needs paint to they can't help there.
Very disheartening for her.
And yes, I would feel pity for him if I caught him.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
As has been previously stated, parking away from other cars just invites someone else to come park next to you  :fum:

I would attach to tail lights, otherwise it might be interpreted as another brake light, which would be illegal.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline eugene188

• 2nd Gear

• ca Canada
      Ottawa, Canada

• MY2011 Elantra Touring, Automatic. Ottawa, Ont. CA
Just came back from Wal-mart, and some a$$hole left their shopping car about 10 cm away from my car.  there were 3 empty spaces on either side! WTF!  I spent a minute looking for scratch and dents. I hate to say it, but sometimes, it really depends on the kinds of people that the stores attract. Cheapy stores, with ghetto people, with ghetto cars, who just dont give a crap about stuff like this.

I would definitely need to check the laws over here. I've seen in Korea people have it attached to brake lights. In fact they have "2-way" version that is specifically for attaching to the taillights and the brake lights. However, just because people do it doesnt mean it isnt illegal.
  • Elantra Touring GL, Automatic

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Most countries have very specific requirements for the height, placement and overall design of brake lights. Clearly, as a Hyundai emblem is not certified to satisfy these requirements and although all your other brake lights may be legal and working, it could be interpreted by a traffic cop having a bad day as something to pick on.  :eek:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal