i30 Owners Club

Tyres need replacing

Guest · 66 · 22499

Offline Lester

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Batemans Bay, NSW
As I said before I have the Hankook Optimo K15's (16 inch gunmetal alloys) on my i30 Trophy.  Yesterday I drove the 150km each way down the NSW south coast to Momsens Motors, Bega to have the initial service check done (1200km)  Bega is the nearest Hyundai Dealer to Batemans Bay.  A lot of good bends on that run, the Hankooks held on really well and not much road noise.  So I reckon Hyundai Australia have got it right with the Hankook Optimos.  In a few weeks we are heading down to NE Victoria (Rutherglen/Corowa/Albury etc) doing the wine areas for a week, that will be about 600 km each way, so will certainly warm the Hankooks up again on the Kings Hwy, Batemans Bay to Canberra, Hume Hwy, south to Albury and then come back on that twisty Snowy Mountains Hwy.

Also I had mud flaps front and rear and weathershields (stylevisors) fitted to front.  Makes the car look nicer and useful things they are too.  I have always had weathershield fitted, good for when you park or for driving  your car, get some air in but no rain.

Just my two cents worth. :goodjob2:
  • FD i30 Trophy

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Enjoy your drive down to Bega, Lester.....  :goodjob:

You'll be able to pick up some cheese while your baby is being looked at, or perhaps call in to the ABC Cheese Factory at Central Tilba on the way home for a sample of theirs?  :D

Offline Mel

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Western Sydney

• 2010 I30 CW SLX CRDI Auto

You'll be able to pick up some cheese while your baby is being looked at, or perhaps call in to the ABC Cheese Factory at Central Tilba on the way home for a sample of theirs?  :D

i would highly recommend Tilba as a stop instead of Bega (overpriced cheaper at the supermarket) ... the ABC has the wonderful Tilba cheese - traditionally hard cheeses and then there is the south coast cheese factory which has just moved from Bodalla to Central Tilba that do alot of the softer cheeses.... the perfect thing to go with the the wine :happydance:
  • 2010 CW SLX CRDI auto

Offline Mel

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Western Sydney

• 2010 I30 CW SLX CRDI Auto
And much cheaper at that mix ratio....   :goodjob:
mine was free ... my local Bob Jane did it for free as I am such a good customer lol new tyres every 12 mths and service every 2 months... i think they get enough money from me  :snigger:  in saying that I dont really know if there is any benefit or not to having it but I am getting good mileage out of my tyres for the kind of driving I am doing
  • 2010 CW SLX CRDI auto

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
And much cheaper at that mix ratio....   :goodjob:
mine was free ... my local Bob Jane did it for free as I am such a good customer lol new tyres every 12 mths and service every 2 months... i think they get enough money from me  :snigger:  in saying that I dont really know if there is any benefit or not to having it but I am getting good mileage out of my tyres for the kind of driving I am doing

:goodjob: :D
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Lester

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Batemans Bay, NSW

i would highly recommend Tilba as a stop instead of Bega (overpriced cheaper at the supermarket) ... the ABC has the wonderful Tilba cheese - traditionally hard cheeses and then there is the south coast cheese factory which has just moved from Bodalla to Central Tilba that do alot of the softer cheeses.... the perfect thing to go with the the wine :happydance:

Thanks guys, well never mind the topic, 'tyres need replacing' so does my cheese supply, yes I do get to the cheese places down the highway now and again, some types of cheeses at the cheese factory outlets are not available at the supermarkets, i.e. Bega Heritage.

Sorry for the thread hijack..back on topic, I like the Hankook Optimos, they do carry the cheese well. :goodjob2:

NSW South Coast Cheese and a glass of Coonawarra Shiraz, a match made in heaven. :goodjob:
  • FD i30 Trophy

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal