i30 Owners Club

Wheel alignment specs for 2011 FDe i30 CRDi

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
  as for the milage your getting,I wouldn't be bitching about 67 or 68 thousand K's,I just replaced mine,same problem(cutting out badly on the inner edges)same managment regime,rotate front to back every 5000 K's,only got 39.000,believe me they were shagged,I'll have to let you know how this set go's,the first set where Hankooks,these are stilletto sports(made by Goodyear),I can say,that I have noticed the difference after the wheel alignment,no very minor pull to the left and seems to handle far better.
Rick
Rick, Stilletto is a VERY cheap budget option. Yes it is made by Goodyear and I have a set of 215/45R17 (directional) on my son's Mazda 6. They're wearing OK but he doesn't do many klms these days and we only really put them on to get him through to when he'll upgrade his car sometime soon.
They'll be quite safe but I'll be interested to see how they wear. But remember, they don't have the Goodyear branding on them anywhere. Sure they carry the same warranty as the branded product but that's about it.
What I'm saying is they'll probably perform about the same as the Hankook/ Kumho options.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Surferdude
I have no quarms about using budget tyres,the only difference between them and the brand names,is when the brand names release a new tread pattern,their old patterns go into their budget lines,the stilletto is the old Goodyear GT sport.

Maxxis is a budget range,I used them on my Nissan 4x4 when I had it,best wearing tyres I ever had on it,over the Bridgestones and Michelins,got 63,000 out of them,I've run Mayrun and Maxxis budget high preformance on my commodore,same story got  better milage run out of them over Michelins and Goodyears,budget tryes,still have to conform to industry standards,most are made in the same factories the brand names are.

Reason tyre companies such as Bridgestone,Goodyear and alike reluctantly let you know or belittle their own budget brands,is they do not make the same amount of profit out of them,this comes from a very reliable source within the trye manufacture and supply industry,this is why I use him,even if I want to use brand named tyres,he can still supply them 10 to 40 persent cheaper than the larger tyre suppliers.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Surferdude
I have no quarms about using budget tyres,the only difference between them and the brand names,is when the brand names release a new tread pattern,their old patterns go into their budget lines,the stilletto is the old Goodyear GT sport.

Maxxis is a budget range,I used them on my Nissan 4x4 when I had it,best wearing tyres I ever had on it,over the Bridgestones and Michelins,got 63,000 out of them,I've run Mayrun and Maxxis budget high preformance on my commodore,same story got  better milage run out of them over Michelins and Goodyears,budget tryes,still have to conform to industry standards,most are made in the same factories the brand names are.

Reason tyre companies such as Bridgestone,Goodyear and alike reluctantly let you know or belittle their own budget brands,is they do not make the same amount of profit out of them,this comes from a very reliable source within the trye manufacture and supply industry,this is why I use him,even if I want to use brand named tyres,he can still supply them 10 to 40 persent cheaper than the larger tyre suppliers.
Hi mate,
A lot of what you say is true however, there's a fair bit more to the story on "budget tyres" both stand alones and those from name brands.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 09:24:14 by surferdude »

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
surferdude,Ah! yes there is at the moment there are many stand alone budget tyres from over seas coming in,I won't have a bar of those,my tyre guy has alreadt shown me what can happen with some of these.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline jfdelacruz

• 3rd Gear

• ph Philippines
      Paranaque City, Manilla
Hey guys, I got my i30 aligned! It's now straight as an arrow. Problem is, I made the mistake of not centering the steering wheel (it was 1* to the right, now it's 1* to the left). It's fairly hard to center the steering when you have no reference point of which is dead-straight.
  • 2011 FDe i30 1.6 CRDi 6M/T

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Excellent news :D

* Shambles makes a note to stay clear of the roads in Manila
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Hey guys, I got my i30 aligned! It's now straight as an arrow. Problem is, I made the mistake of not centering the steering wheel (it was 1* to the right, now it's 1* to the left). It's fairly hard to center the steering when you have no reference point of which is dead-straight.
Good news that the car doesn't pull.
I'm not sure I understand the second comment though. It should be easy to set the wheel in the straight ahead position lining up the spokes against the backdrop of the dashboard. That should be done on the alignment hoist before any readings are taken and the toe adjusted accordingly.

Offline bot

• 2nd Gear

• ph Philippines
      Valenzuela

i also experience this when i hit a curb. and i got mine fixed at goodyear service center. They have the alignment specs for i30 on their wheel alignment machine.

by the way, I'm also from the Philippines. it's nice to know someone who have an i30 in our country  :)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I hate having a misaligned steering wheel. I find it very off putting.
  • Tertius the i30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal