i30 Owners Club

BP Ultimate Diesel, now in NSW

Lakes · 72 · 17748

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
When BP Ultimate first came out in the UK, I did some sums to check the 'extra mileage' claims.  Yes it did give me more miles per tank than regular diesels, but it was also more expensive so in practice you broke even.  All it did was extend your range on a tankful.  That may be useful if you have long distances between fill-ups, but otherwise it isn't worth going out of your way for.  Nowadays most diesels in the UK contain detergent additives to clean the crud out of the engine.

bryand was selling at same price as regular BP diesel in servo i got mine from but no BP near my place i got that in Sydney over 300k away.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I was seriously thinking about at one stage,but me being me,would pick the biggest beasty I could find and probbly kill myself  :rofl:

I could see you on one of these, Rick.... :)

Rusty, a mate i know from Racing Bikes , he is a real good rider & only weighs 63kg with his leathers & helmet on. he has a collection of old race bikes . a guy got him to take his Rocket 3 that has a Sprintex Supercharger down the standing quarter, he said it was the biggest fattest bike he has ever ridden & fast.
they use a lot more fuel than my i30 LOL

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Would you be able to wrap your body around a sports bike these days, Rick?

I'd give it a try,but my fear would be once I'd been on it from Here to Perth all my joints would seize into a fixed position  :rofl:

Perhaps you should go for the Boss Hoss, at least you'd be used to the handling after driving trucks.... :whistler:  :lol:

yes heard their only good for a straight line,but before I turn my toes up,I may not own one but I'm gunna find one to take for a blatt

Rick i'm not a multi Cyl man think they are car motors, too fat, but i have a few mates that love those Haybushas they are all middle age & not that fit but they road them around Australia two years back in two weeks not trying. but too bloody fast for our low speed limits, if you did not kill yourself u would loose licence quick.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Rick biggest bike is a nitro burning top bike! you go over 200mph with front wheel clear of ground all the way to over 200mph ( 320 kph ) then back off front wheel hits ground & u have to stop it. a guy named Matho has fastest in Australia & he was doing i think 230mph in Sydney & came off it in braking there is vids on u tube of it.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
he said it was the biggest fattest bike he has ever ridden & fast.

They are certainly fat alright!  :lol:

Hey Rick, maybe one of these would be more your style?  :D

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
More like this.
Rick (apparently) has trouble getting it up (and running) so needs a push or a pull, as depicted here.  :lol:

• Tertius the i30

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
More like this.
Rick (apparently) has trouble getting it up (and running) so needs a push or a pull, as depicted here.  :lol:

Beautiful tail Dave! must be fine , very fine cotton the blond's skirt is made from.
thats how to save on fuel for sure!! yummy.

Offline Eureka

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
I'd hate to think I couldn't get it up and running if I was lucky enough to be in close proximity to those 2.
  • SX crdi manual 2007

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

I'd hate to think I couldn't get it up and running if I was lucky enough to be in close proximity to those 2.

:lol:  Good answer.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

More like this.

Beautiful tail Dave! must be fine , very fine cotton the blond's skirt is made from.
thats how to save on fuel for sure!! yummy.

Only one pillion seat though so I guess one will have to go on the tank.   :whistler:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
More like this.

Now there's the bike I want,as long as it comes with all the accessories  :rofl:
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

More like this.

Now there's the bike I want,as long as it comes with all the accessories  :rofl:

Thought you'd be impressed.   ;)
They are called "trainer wheels."  :whistler:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Rick biggest bike is a nitro burning top bike! you go over 200mph with front wheel clear of ground all the way to over 200mph ( 320 kph ) then back off front wheel hits ground & u have to stop it. a guy named Matho has fastest in Australia & he was doing i think 230mph in Sydney & came off it in braking there is vids on u tube of it.

Sorry way off track there,the Y2K is the most powerful bike,they haven't found anyone yet who has been able to get it to top speed,they did have some one ride it in the Desert in Am,he got to 300mph and backed off,he was afraid it was going to take off,which it could have done it does havea jet turbine in it.

From all reports you can't stop at red lights if they stay red for to long as the exhaust melts the bitumen,Jat Leno tells a story where he was riding his around and some Dude in a AMG Merc came up beside and slightly behind him trying to get a look at his bike,Jay kept jumping forward to get away from the car as he niticed he was melting the front bumper
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :goodjob2:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
he said it was the biggest fattest bike he has ever ridden & fast.

They are certainly fat alright!  :lol:

Hey Rick, maybe one of these would be more your style?  :D

Yes been seeing a few of them around,very nice looking bikes

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
 :rofl:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Eye's off those nice round butt's!

Tomorrow i'm driving to Canberra for weekend to visit friends hope i can get more BP ultimate there, does anyone know?

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Apparently BP Express in Phillip has it, John....  :)

The address is 166 Melrose Drive, Phillip ACT 2606 Phone: (02) 6281 2633

:link:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen

I blame Rick....  :p  :D

Bloody Sandgropers!

But what you didn't see in the  clip they WERE running BP ULTIMATE JET FUEL  :whistler: :rofl:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Apparently BP Express in Phillip has it, John....  :)

The address is 166 Melrose Drive, Phillip ACT 2606 Phone: (02) 6281 2633

:link:

Thank's Rusty, missed this , b4 i left , we just went up to see m8's son & family then pick up paint & some other stuff we needed, then drove home. i'm always lost in that place! seems to be a big circle with a lot of roundabouts. the BP i found never had the ultimate
i can't notice much difference between ultimate & normal performance wise or economy. probably would need to run it for longer period to see a gain.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
No worries, John..... :)

I've learnt the trick for not getting too lost in Canberra is to keep the Telstra Tower in view, at least then you have some idea of where you are...  :lol:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
... I've learnt the trick for not getting too lost in Canberra is to keep the Telstra Tower in view ...
... until it gets foggy or rains lots. :eek:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Many people have disappeared up somewhere having spent many hours driving around in ever decreasing circles.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Many people have disappeared up somewhere having spent many hours driving around in ever decreasing circles.
Some might suggest that does some up Canberra - the ... err ... captial of the nation. :lol:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Well I brimmed tank with BP Ultimate Diesel & before I return home i'll brim it again to try to make sure I have a full tank of it then see if any economy difference. seem to run nice on it.

Offline rickai

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Hurstville NSW
BP ultimate diesel recently came to our local BP as well (Bexley NSW). The station is known to have the cheapest fuel in the area before it introduce ultimate. Funny how the price remained the same and pretty competitive after the change. Filled up a full tank on fri @ 154.9  :happydance:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal