Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Great effort Marti .. :goodjob:

But if we feed our members Bananas we might get monkeys :whistler:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

ouri30
Last year during a European camping trip with a passenger, luggage and liquid purchases I brimmed my 53 litre tank in Andorra with 61.43 litres (slight downhill slope). Driving via Spain and France on a mix of roads I next filled in Luxembourg where I could only fit in 59.35 litres. This forecourt was level which was just as well really as when I got in to drive off I realised that I'd forgotten to apply the handbrake. The distance between fills was 902.1 miles (1,443 km). Do I win a prize? (I like bananas).

That's a great result.  You can have all the bananas you want.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
That Great Marti, what was the temp's like on that trip?

Offline marti30

• 3rd Gear
The trip when I went 902.1 miles without fuelling was in August so it was hot.
This year in the Pyrenees I noticed that one morning it took about 12 miles for the temperature gauge to reach its usual level even though it was a warm day, but it was downhill all the way.
Please be reassured that I dispose of banana skins carefully for fear of causing accidents.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
The trip when I went 902.1 miles without fuelling was in August so it was hot.
This year in the Pyrenees I noticed that one morning it took about 12 miles for the temperature gauge to reach its usual level even though it was a warm day, but it was downhill all the way.
Please be reassured that I dispose of banana skins carefully for fear of causing accidents.

Great effort marti30 , some say summer or warm weather help economy but by how much i have no idea. just can smell the diesel exhaust more on a very cold morning. when it's hot you don't seem to notice any smell.
like you noted the motor takes a while to warm up even in warm weather unless it is under load (climb a hill , pull weight ) as motors start to develop power & torque under load,
have noticed i now get 1,200k between fill's without trying as no heavy traffic.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal