i30 Owners Club

why i got 10L/100km, anything wrong?

Offline yujin1984320

• 1st Gear
hi, everyone:
    i got my i30 SLX CRDi auto few weeks ago, got about 300km on odo. however, the trip computer displayed 10L/100km most of the time. got 10.1L sometimes, and 9.9 was the best for now, is this normal for a brand new car? will the consumption got slower with time?
   thx guys.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Hi yujin1984320 :D welcome to the club

Have you reset the consumption meter since you got your i30? Fill the beast up and reset the meter... see how you go from there.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline yujin1984320

• 1st Gear
i'll surely try that from tomorrow. thx for the advise though.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Hi, this is nothing to do with your trip PC reading 10L/100k but thought i would just mention this.
while i was looking for a car i test drove a new Ford Focus Turbo Diesel 6 speed it had a trip computer i asked the salesperson if i could check out readings on the trip PC and it was reading fuel average was 27L/100k. i pointed this out the salesperson said thats wrong look at the consumption sticker on windscreen. but i pointed out i also own a ford v8 that has a trip PC and it has never ever showed that high even new. just thought i'd point this out.

Offline EpOcH

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide
Before you attempt to work out whats wrong you can look at simple things like , average speed.

If you have a low average speed then fuel economy is allways going to be worse that whats advertised.

After filling this tank and having to idle for a while to get out of the servo and some stop/start traffic to home i was on ~7.8L/100km's, after getting some more KM's on the tank its dropped to about 6.8L/100km, my average speed was 29km/h when i last looked.

and , it could be worse ...

yes, thats 99.9L/100km's , the displays max  :lol:

Offline middy

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• White i30 SLX CRDi, 5sp man. Brisbane, QLD
Yes I suspect resetting the consumption meter will fix that problem.

yujin1984320
     ^^^^^^^

I would also like to wish you a happy 25th birthday for the 20th March.    :D

Offline yujin1984320

• 1st Gear
thx for the advise guys, reset did work. thank you all.

Offline Seoul-mate

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sunshine Coast, Queensland
Hu Yujin, with a title like that are you Korean by any chance ?
  • i30 1.6 Diesel (03/08- 09/12), MB B200 (09/12 -->)

Offline yujin1984320

• 1st Gear
no. i'm chinese. but i'm half aussie now after 8 years.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
 :) that's great1 we have converted our Italian imigrants now they feel 100% aussie

i was jokeing with an old Italian the other day i said the english he now uses could never be found in a dictionary , but would be understood in an outback Pub :)
cheers

Offline Morias

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Brisbane, Qld, Australia - Silver I30 Crdi SLX Man
I live near a Subaru dealership and walk past it most mornings.  What I see each morning is the cars turned on idling with the doors open.  I presume they do this to keep them running well, and the cars dry and fresh. 

Whilst it is no doubt good practice to do this, it would ruin the fuel economy shown on the trip computer (until the next reset) as the cars sit there idling for so long without going anywhere.

I expect, Hyundai dealers also do this.

Offline ~ Angel ~

• 6th Gear
  • Personnel Manager

• nu Niue
Well, in my experience I think that the trip computer values can sometimes be misleading.
To give an example, I reset the trip computer on a plain road and it was reading 6.4l/100 km. Later, I went home parked the car. The next morning, I turned on the engine and looked at the value, it was still as above. But after I kept the car idle for 2-3 minutes for warm up, I saw that the trip computer was reading 9.3l/100km. And it never dropped even I was on a plain road again!!!!!!!
Hah, just wanna laugh at that.

Here is my conclusion: reset it in order to get more accurate values.
Cheers...

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal