i30 Owners Club

How Lucky Are These Two?

Guest · 2 · 1188

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
 :scared:  :Shocked:  :faint:

THESE incredible photos taken by an eyewitness capture the moment a plane became entangled in the strings of a skydiver’s parachute. 

Amazingly, the pilot and the jumper escaped serious injury despite the collision sending both of them crashing to the earth.

The accident happened near Tampa, Florida. Polk County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Carrie Eleazer says 87-year-old pilot Shannon Trembley was doing takeoff and landing manoeuvres on Saturday in his Cessna at the South Lakeland Airport in Mulberry.

On his third landing pass, the wing of his plane became entangled in the strings of 49-year-old skydiver John Frost’s parachute about 75 feet above the ground.   

A tourist visiting from Ohio captured photos of the collision.

Mr Frost was flung to the ground, and Mr Trembley’s plane nosedived to the surface as well.

Ms Eleazer said neither sustained serious injury, but went to the hospital. Mr Frost was treated and released. Mr Trembley was held for observation.

Mr Trembley is an experienced pilot and has been flying since 1946, his wife, Dorothy Trembley told the Orlando Sentinel .

“He was coming in for a landing and the skydiver came down on the runway,” Mrs Trembly said. “He was afraid he was going to hit the skydiver.”

She added: “We’re feeling great that he’s OK. The diver is OK. That’s fine with us.”

The National Transportation Safety Board and FAA are investigating.

Source: Plane in midair crash with skydiver in Tampa, Florida | News.com.au

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I saw that on the news Rusty (thanks for sharing it here)  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal