i30 Owners Club

NBN: Good-bye FTTP, we hardly knew ye

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery
Shocking twist as Coalition government instructs NBN Co to proceed with Coalition policy.

NBN: Good-bye FTTP, we hardly knew ye - Computerworld

• i30 CRDi Elite auto (sleek silver)

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
Morons.... :Pout:  :head_butt:

+1

+2

After receiving a letter from both NBN Co and Telstra to say that we are in the NBN area (fixed wireless), I went into Telstra the other day to get it connected, only to be told that we weren't in the area and should wait until we were told by NBN Co.  I told them that I had received a letter from NBN Co and Telstra and that I wanted to be connected.  Still nothing happened.

A shamozzle from the start (only to make it a bigger shamozzle with the current Government).

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Doesn't affect me one iotta,under the LP NBN plan our little town was not even in the running for fiber cable upgrade,as the crow flies we are less than 100 K's from Perth,we still have area's of our shire which can only get dial up,areas which still have absolutely NO mobile coverage at all.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I was initially opposed to the NBN, but given that the project was started I think it should have been completed in its original form.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Me 2
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I think that the business world would have had this done ages ago.

Outlaw the laying of copper line and require all new developments to provide a cable link. Buy the pits off Telstra and resell them to cable providers who can lay the past the premises. The internet provider can then tap into that for their service and pay the provider a fee for use. This would be the sort of investment many super funds would love to be involved in (they are cash rich and getting more every week), and provides a very good defensive yield for SMSF and other investors. This breaks the project up into bite size portions that many businesses can execute without becoming overwhelmed.

Use any profit from the pit auction to provide a service to those areas who currently don't get one.

National Broadband was a dream of Kevin Rudd. History has shown he was big on vision poor on execution and no government can see past their next election to provide a vision of Australia in a decade.

• A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

• Trust nobody with nowt to lose
.......This would be the sort of investment many super funds would love to be involved in (they are cash rich and getting more every week)
So it would seem, but investing elsewhere instead ?:-
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/19/article-2608597-1D35599900000578-303_634x286.jpg

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Super funds across the world seek to diversify risk by investing in other areas of the world (Australia especially so while the AUD is higher than the historic norm....Invest in good assets when the dollar is high when the dollar inevitably falls your returns rise).

A Canadian pension fund bought the Brisbane airport train link a while back, there are others, but that's the one that comes to mind...

• A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

• Trust nobody with nowt to lose
@beerman, Yes, but they were attempting to sub the cash to a Registered Bankrupt for "Investment" !

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal