i30 Owners Club

Don't worry, the PLANE has a parachute! Aircraft passengers miraculously survive

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
A light plane that ran into trouble over Australia's Blue Mountains has made a near-perfect landing - on the end of a parachute.

The pilot of the Cirrus aircraft deployed the parachute that is fitted to that make of plane and drifted down into the front garden of a house.

If the aircraft had not been carrying a parachute, police and flying experts agreed that the result could have been tragic.

Don't worry, the PLANE has a parachute! Aircraft passengers miraculously survive engine failure after pilot deploys
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
These are a brilliant addition to light aircraft,shame they can't do the same for larger aircraft
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
These are a brilliant addition to light aircraft,shame they can't do the same for larger aircraft

They don't need them for larger aircraft, they have more than one engine.  The weight penalty for something as big as an A380 would mean the thing wouldn't get off the ground.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal