Best & Worst Fuel Consumption Poll

i30Dave · 370 · 88394

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Quote from: "Thumper"
Quote from: "Lakes"
Hey Thumper interesting about the pipe, would it cause the injectors to inject more fuel?

Me putting my foot down more, enjoying the extra torque/power from the motor.  :mrgreen:

would have been interesting to test it on a dyno as it was then with the change, sounds good and from a small outlay too. is that muffler that looks like a cat converter thats up the front, is that a partic filter?

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
Quote from: "Thumper"
Hey Thumper interesting about the pipe, would it cause the injectors to inject more fuel?

Me putting my foot down more, enjoying the extra torque/power from the motor.  :(

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Thanks Thumper, i saw the same when i looked, but i had never seen a Particulate filter before so was not sure, but knew that is what it must have been.
would be good to try one of those on board dyno's they just need hooking up but give good information and are a cheap and acurate way to test.
one of my pastime's is drag racing in competition. i have seen guys hook them up and compare against the computer print out. and was spot on. the print out show's reaction time, 60 foot time 330ft time 660 ft time half track speed 1,000ft time 1/4mile time and trap speed, the trap speed can tell you how much power you are putting out.

it will be interesting to see if you gain economy with the new pipe.

Offline encountar

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Penrith
I only just picked up my car, but when i was driving it home i managed to see the l/100 go to 5.something

after my brother and my dad both took it for a drive it was sitting ay 7.5 - damn leadfoots need ot let the car bed in! only 130 k's on the clock :D

ill keep you guys updated, i drive to work during the middle of the day and come home at night, basically to up hill and from down hill, should be interesting to see how the fuel economy works out there, im assuming i will get less on the trip home because of the coldness and damn fog everywhere(yay fog lights)

ill keep an eye on it maybe write it down for the first 2 weeks of car travel, reseting the meter before each trip, will be interesting to see how it develops (might even do a trip or 2 along the m7 to see which gives the better economy

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Geez Mate... I wouldn't have let the Bro and your dad take her unsupervised (7.5 is very high) I'd be peed off!
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline encountar

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Penrith
Yeah im not going to let them drive it again until its properly ran in :|

but to be fair even only revving to 3.5 - 4k it will get to 7 pretty quickly.

im not sure what they did at the dealership but when i first got in the car it was showing 15 l/100 but it very, very quickly declined withing about 2 k's

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

That can happen when you first fill up ... it soon comes back to a more realistic figure.

Offline encountar

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Penrith

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

At least you got some.... I got the memory stick but no gloves... I have some moist wipes in the glove box to get rid of the smell off my hands.

Offline ozsnowman

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Central Victoria
Quote from: "dazzling_darryl"
At least you got some.... I got the memory stick but no gloves... I have some moist wipes in the glove box to get rid of the smell off my hands.

I got the gloves - they're still sitting next to the spare wher they belong lol

Offline i30Dave

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Adelaide, South Australia - Steel Grey SR i30
    • http://www.i30ownersclub.com
Quote from: "encountar"
That would explain it :P

Not for filling Diesel anyway  ;)

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Quote from: "dazzling_darryl"
Geez Mate... I wouldn't have let the Bro and your dad take her unsupervised (7.5 is very high) I'd be peed off!

Dazz you should have been with me when i tested the Ford Focus turbo diesel :D  i posted it on a ford sight but they said what would you expect from a test car as everyone thrashes it, i pointed out that i had never seen worse than 17L /Per 100K show on my 5.4 V8 Petrol and that show's 11L /per 100K right now and i've been towing a trailer from home to Eastern Creek raceway. so was worried about what the Focus economy would be like.
cheers

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

At least you would save some petrol when the Ford went in to get its rattles fixed!

Offline Mick

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Geelong
Just refueled for the first time.
Economy 5.6L/100km. 85% urban driving, short trips around 15% freeway cruisng in 5th gear.

Specifications quote fuel tank is 53 litres. When refueling second click off after 45 litres. Trickled another 11 and a bit litres into it? Total of 56+ litres?
Fuel gauge was on empty,. Low fuel light had been on for about 50 odd kilometres.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Hey Mick, after i drove about 1160k mostly country but some sydney traffic and the light came on and i did another 30k in the city, i got 57L into the tank

Offline ozsnowman

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Central Victoria
My fuel light seems to come on earlier than everybody elses - it came on yesterday at around 800km - I refilled it at 821km and she took 44 litres. Hmmm, maybe I'm just a hoon??  :oops:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Blokes from Central Vic are fast drivers.... e.g. Todd and Rick Kelly (I rest my case...)

Hang on a sec... Wasn't Marcus Ambrose from Tassie  :D

Offline Mick

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Geelong
Seems if you only refuel to the second click, there is still another 12 or so litres that you can put into it. First refuel only put 45 litres in, low fuel light came on at less than 800k's.
This time I filled it till it was visibly foaming and I have done 270km freeway travel and the needle is still on full.
I'll be filling to the brim from now on.

Offline ozsnowman

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Central Victoria
Quote from: "Mick"
Seems if you only refuel to the second click, there is still another 12 or so litres that you can put into it. First refuel only put 45 litres in, low fuel light came on at less than 800k's.
This time I filled it till it was visibly foaming and I have done 270km freeway travel and the needle is still on full.
I'll be filling to the brim from now on.

Yeah, but I behaved myself on the trip home from Melbourne ( alot of 5th gear 80km/h driving), and today going to work, and got to 280km before the needle hit the 3/4 full mark - so maybe I was just being a lead-foot after all?

Offline bdennis

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Help..... :evil:  )

Took a Petrol Auto for a drive today. Was happy with it and could live with it but that voice in my head is sasying stick with the Diesel..

So. My question is.. I ahve read through all the posts re economy and cant seem to find any results for the CRDi Auto..

Any body got any info? Perhaps there is into on the "other site" Will go and have a look..

Any info would be apprecaited before I go mad...

Offline echocae

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth WA
if u drive an auto properly (Put the gear to N when on REDLIGHT, or Driving fast till u achieve higher gear range then slowdown n hold the RPM around 1500-2100) u will get between 5.6-6.2l/100km :P... so i just agree..

so this is my 1st car thats is auto.. :)

Offline awj2005

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Busselton
Hi,
ive got the 2.0 litre petrrol engine.

Worst ive had is 9.6L per 100km

Best ive had is 6.8L per 100km

when i had 9.6L per 100km it was when i just put my pod filter in it and i liked the sound it made at full throttle... LOL

Ash

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
Well, I have beaten my best of 3.8lt/100km with a new personal record of 3lt/100km :!:

Sustained over 200km.

(Now that it costs $100 to fill our beasts, this comes as a welcome)

Offline ozsnowman

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Central Victoria
Quote from: "ozsnowman"
Yeah, but I behaved myself on the trip home from Melbourne ( alot of 5th gear 80km/h driving), and today going to work, and got to 280km before the needle hit the 3/4 full mark - so maybe I was just being a lead-foot after all?

Hmmm must be something in this - might have to reform my ways after all - 500km done and half tank used! Upshifting early and trying (TRYING) not to rev it hard or going over 100km'h. The second is the hard bit as it is too easy to sit on 120 in that thing!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hmmm must be something in this - might have to reform my ways after all - 500km done and half tank used! Upshifting early and trying (TRYING) not to rev it hard or going over 100km'h. The second is the hard bit as it is too easy to sit on 120 in that thing!

Yeah, know what you mean... :oops:

Offline ozsnowman

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Central Victoria
New personal record for Wiggy tonight - 860km done so far and still no fuel light! Maybe behaving myself actually works! :lol:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Probably improving with age too...like me  :D

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
got to 280km before the needle hit the 3/4 full mark - so maybe I was just being a lead-foot after all?

I normally get to around 520km when the fuel gauge gets down to 3/4 of a tank. (1/4 tank used)

Offline OMVanders

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      McLaren Vale

• McLaren Vale, South Australia Black CRDi I30 SX
The benchmark I've discovered that indicates I'm getting just under 5L/100km is when the gauge shows half full (or empty if you prefer) and I've travelled 600k after filling the tank.

Offline ozsnowman

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Central Victoria
Well, I shouldn't have said anything lol - light come on this morning! Grrr  :oops: . 883.4km for 44.52litres = 5.04l/100km....so close to 5 dammit lol!!!!

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal